Abletec 53v Dual Rail 450W Supply for $20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
getting ready to buy amps ...

Anyone know if these boards will work with the abletec supply?

300W Class D IRS2092 IRFI4019H IRAUDAMP7S Amplifier kit L15D LJM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300W-Class-D-IRS2092-IRFI4019H-IRAUDAMP7S-Amplifier-kit-L15D-LJM-/151624850015?hash=item234d8b9a5f:g:py8AAOxydlFStmAl

The schematic on e-bay shows a torroid with a cap. board.

Dave

I've been using these PS, one per speaker, an they have remained "on" (powered up) for about a week now with no problems. When I am not using the speakers I just put the high voltage supplies into "sleep" mode using the "remote" line on CON401, leaving only the low voltage supplies active. I am feeding this system from two Raspberry Pi based streaming audio platforms, and I couldn't be happier. Amps are LJM L15D (3ch per side).

I've been using these PS, one per speaker, an they have remained "on" (powered up) for about a week now with no problems. When I am not using the speakers I just put the high voltage supplies into "sleep" mode using the "remote" line on CON401, leaving only the low voltage supplies active. I am feeding this system from two Raspberry Pi based streaming audio platforms, and I couldn't be happier. Amps are LJM L15D (3ch per side).

Charlie or anyone,
i have the abletec supply and the LJM L15D, and will use one psu per amp. The L15D has only one ground connection. How did you connect speaker out? Which connection from the abletec is best for speaker ground. i will use metal chasis with aluminum standoffs, which means that pe/ground pins will connect to the chasis. should I use 0V, pe/ground, pgrnd from L15D, or create a separate star ground for speaker out? I appreciate your help. Thanks.

regards,

freeman

Last edited:
Charlie or anyone,
i have the abletec supply and the LJM L15D, and will use one psu per amp. The L15D has only one ground connection. How did you connect speaker out? Which connection from the abletec is best for speaker ground. i will use metal chasis with aluminum standoffs, which means that pe/ground pins will connect to the chasis. should I use 0V, pe/ground, pgrnd from L15D, or create a separate star ground for speaker out? I appreciate your help. Thanks.

regards,

freeman

Is this the amp you have? The picture showed 2 connectors on the PCB, one for AC gnd, one for speaker. Hope it helps

L15D-POWER ???? IRS2092 300W4R ??????????-??????
Edit - just noticed there is another L15D that does not come with the rectification components. I assume the Abletec is a dual rail supply and therefore no connection for ground? I would connect the -ve terminal of the speaker to ground on the PCB

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I got a tip on the pigtail connectors for this supply. Very nice convenience and professional looking results. Do yourself a favor and get these.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/275915-200w-irs2092-amp-20-a-34.html#post4604297

529638d1454806494-abletec-53v-dual-rail-450w-supply-20-image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 911
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Anyone know the name of the connectors? Would like to buy them ln ebay, but cant find them.

Edit: found these after posting
2 54mm Pitch 6 Pin Female Jack Socket PC Connector Wire Cable Single Head 300mm | eBay

Is this the one?

That one won't work as the pin spacing is 0.156inch. (3.96mm spacing).

Here is the right one - I ordered it and it arrived very quickly. They probably take PayPal and can ship to you.

6-PIN CONNECTOR W/HEADER, 0.156" | All Electronics Corp.

I just ordered one of the Abletec supplies from PE, along with:
Sure 2X250W IRS2092 board
https://www.parts-express.com/sure-...250w-irs2092-class-d-amplifier-board--320-313

I also ordered a higher amperage power supply just in case the Abletec was not a winner.
https://www.parts-express.com/sure-...0w-regulated-switching-power-supply--320-3143. Will this be an alternative for the amp board above?

I am intending to drive 2 subwoofers with this. I have never built an amp, nor do I have any electronics background! I can solder as I built a set of Overnight Sensation crossovers recently.

I have read a lot of threads on these, but my questions are pretty basic:
- I have a bunch of 3 prong power cords (from PC power supplies) lying around. Do I need anything else to plug either of these power supplies in?
- basic wiring diagrams - what goes to what? I have saved the thread and info from CharlieLaub regarding the resistors on the aux supplies, but I don't know what pins and connectors are. Will this be clear when I am looking at the board in front of me?

Thanks for all the great info in these threads, I need the 5-year-old version of instructions!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That one won't work as the pin spacing is 0.156inch. (3.96mm spacing).

Here is the right one - I ordered it and it arrived very quickly. They probably take PayPal and can ship to you.

6-PIN CONNECTOR W/HEADER, 0.156" | All Electronics Corp.

I finally connected my amp with these new connectors. They sure work well and make everything so easy. You can remove the wire and prong and reinsert at the proper locations for color coding. I am using with an IRS2092 and also have the 150ohm resistors on the secondary voltages to load it. Works really well - connected to a 400w 10in a
Sub as a test load and it handled itself well. What I found is that the amp actually makes a small sound when deep bass notes hit. Must be piezoelectric effect from caps or electrotrictive force on transformer.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I finally connected my amp with these new connectors. They sure work well and make everything so easy. You can remove the wire and prong and reinsert at the proper locations for color coding. I am using with an IRS2092 and also have the 150ohm resistors on the secondary voltages to load it. Works really well - connected to a 400w 10in a
Sub as a test load and it handled itself well. What I found is that the amp actually makes a small sound when deep bass notes hit. Must be piezoelectric effect from caps or electrotrictive force on transformer.

They are great purchases for $20. Probably best deal in a dual rail 450w power supply. You need to use the load resistors on the secondary voltages for it to be stable though. In the US we get free shipping when ordered with other stuff at Parts Express. In Europe if shipping has to be paid then may not be such a great deal. The supplies are capable of momentary peaks of 900w - read the spec sheet. They are UL and CE certified but are open frame so require care and knowledge to install safely.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.