A40M amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Programs with XP

Right now all I can say about XP: never used, never will. But who knows?

Eagle has a (limited) pcb version in the web, but they probably work with XP.

The one I use and prefer isn't even Windows: a DOS beta version for Trax. Now you can get Traxmaker for Windows, but I don't know.

Perhaps Eagle is the way to go, though I don't find it as easy as I would like it to be.

Sorry I can't help more, as I'm not on my computer now, where I can get more resources.

Carlos

First tries

>Since I have NEVER done any pwb layout I am looking for something pretty simple to start and I'll start with what you have guided me to.

Start doing small pcbs and printing them. Try to see if the parts you are going to use are the same size that were printed, both in size and wire/pin separation, and correct the file for the new size.

Try not to strain wire turns too much, particularly on resistor ends, to make them fit. Go to a smaller part if you want that.

It would be great if you could go all the way, from design to running circuit, to learn how you have to adjust things sometimes.

If you're going to build two boards, like a stereo amp, do one channel complete first. Then go for the second. It's incredible how much you can improve on what you did that way.

>I have had Orcad 9.2 Lite not work on my machine as well as the Trax software.

Orcad does not seem too user friendly, but I say that because I didn't learn to use it yet and I'm a bit lazy. Perhaps that's the way you should go.

Trax is an excellent program. Which version do you have? DOS or Windows?

In any case both are good choices. There are simple ones, as the Eagle, but they are sometimes limited on board size on the free versions. On some cases you can split the circuit in two though.

Carlos

Carlos,
I agree..and I will start very simple and actually build the circuit. I just downloaded proteus light and will see how that works...I also have Superspice to try...and I will continue to search for something that runs on my hardware/OS.

Slightly off topic...but I would prefer to be running Linux but have had a lot of trouble getting RedHat to run...what are you running?

As always the advice is appreciated.
rt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.