A12P MLTL's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mp9,

These speakers went up to Scotland shortly after they were finished so I personnally cannot give a update on their performance other than to report that Andrew and Fiona are highly impressed and delighted with the speakers.

It is safe to say that the design remit that Scottmoose was given to design a MLTL floorstander for the A12P that produces lower but good impressive and tuneful bass over the smaller standmounts I did, without loosing any the other qualities of the driver, has been achieved.

I have emailed Andrew asking if he will post an update.

Thanks Colin.

Btw, i'm curious about how they compare to the smaller moose box and standard pencil A12P designs, i.e., in box losses, BSC, how many db down from the drivers rated sensitivity and ease of drive, etc.? Also range of room sizes they're suited for?

Last edited:
I don't think Colin's built any A12P boxes aside from the standmounts & this pair of MLTLs. They have a different alignment to the pensils, but this was purely a one-off design for my friends Colin and Andrew, and will not be released more widely. I believe Bob has a similar MLTL design under development however.

Last edited:
I am extremely pleased with mine; no shortage of bass whatsoever and certainly more and deeper than the stand mounts, which are not shoddy by any stretch...obviosuly with these drivers you won't break the windows but that aside you won't be dissapointed with a larger cab.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.