A STRANGE REPLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cursory glance shows that you cannot replace the LM323AT with the HPR12.

The LM323AT supplies 5V/3A. The HPR12 delivers 12V/600mA.

thought he was asking permission? to me that just sounds like a weak excuse when confronted by his employer. it was a direct question asking about the ability of their product which is sold individually; presumably because they expect people to use it to upgrade other regulators and at the heart of the matter we have the above, no its seems he cannot do as he wishes with his equipment, because one cannot replace the other no matter what the sense lines are doing.

i have had many dutch stay at my place because i went out with a dutch woman for a few years, sure they have different sensibilities and often humour can be a sticking point, but then thats often the last thing to come with a second language. the answer was rude/condescending and dismissive in any language and the question could only be taken one way given the products under discussion unless you were looking for an opening to let out a facetious quip.

the answer was rude/condescending and dismissive in any language and the question could only be taken one way given the products under discussion unless you were looking for an opening to let out a facetious quip.
That is your opinion. I'll tell you one thing though. The Dutch aren't as good at English as they think.

And ofcourse a company should never be rude. But let's face it this is one instance where the op is almost begging to be scoffed at. Because he has seemingly not done ANY effort. Not even a google. Zip. To see if he could answer the question himself.

the answer was rude/condescending and dismissive in any language
To deny cultural differences in the way language is interpreted and used does not make it less of a fact.

Hi
May I, Can I, I wish to, what is the difference? Dardo understood very well what I meant. Hypex sells these voltage regulators and my DAC has a voltage regulator, LM323AT; I wrote this email to obtain some information about the replacement. Ok, maybe the form " My I" isn't correct for you but I use it frequently with English and American Diyers without any problem.

Sonic_real_One
"I don't know how it sound for a dutch, but for a normal person that answer is condescendent and even insulting...
They took extra time to say in veiled words "we don't care what you do with our stuff, we don't care if it will work, we just want your money". It is not just a copy/paste answer, it was deliberate.

He was asking if their stabilizer will be able to replace another integrated stabilizer. A clear technical question, that deserved a yes or a no"

Yes, this was my intention: a clear technical question but the Dardo's reply was impolite not sarcastic; probably he was busy, maybe he was having a tough day. I could understand but not justify, above all from a famous company as Hypex. A tough day, nothing else. And I don't think all Dutchs are impolite.

UrSv
"What is strange or bad about the answer? You ask a question that couldn't possibly be of any interest to Hypex as you are dealing with a product that they do not have anything to do with. If you stuff your Fiat full off bananas why would Fyffes care about what you do with the bananas?"

Sorry, but I don't understand your statement: Banana, Fiat, what does it mean? In my opinion this is only a silly assertion.

I own two DIY 600 watts Mono Class D amplifiers since four years; I bought the modules from EcoTec Systems Ltd (600W Amplifier Products). They drive my Magneplanar 3.3/R superbly: a lot of details, clear sound and huge soundstage. Well, six months ago a a module broke; I did contact the guys at EcoTec and they repaired the amplifier charge free (only the shipping cost).

It's my intention to build an amplifier with Hypex Ncore technology to compare it with my EcoTec mono amp.

what is your intention with this thread? Force an excuse from Hypex?
Or is your goal to leave negative feedback on Hypex, as much as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.