A step beyond the monkey coffin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002

Attachments

• jazz_funeral.jpg
    jazz_funeral.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 420
WOW. The puns never stop do they? They just keep on being fired one after another. Now you see, I could make a corny pun here but I'm not going to as there is enough here to last a lifetime (not meant to be a pun of any sort, just a figure of speech). I really should have said "to last forever" instead to avoid any confusion of a pun but I just don't like the backspace key. Go figure.

BTW. I am a college student myself and I don't think that it would be a terrible idea to make some towers out of a coffin. I mean, they would be pretty cool to have at a halloween party. They'd be good for big parties like frats throw.

2 remarks

1) you wanna have a grave time?
go to brussels, there is a pub that is entirely decorated by death elements such as coffins, skulls you drink beer out, allways funeral music etc... tables are actual coffins etc...... If i remember it is called
le cerceuil (the coffin, but I am not 100 pct shure - was slichtly intoxicated when living in Brussels :)

2) nowaday's coffins are NO GOOD for speakers, they are usually made of thin wood, sometimes some kind of elevated cardboard with a thin metal frame inside to strengthen it! Man, a wooden coffin in oak or mahogany would be priceless for a lot amongst us, especially if you add the mark up that undertakers include. Those things alone run into the ten thousands of Euro!!!

Also some coffins are made of plastics like PU, papier machee, or other almost unbelievable lightweight products, and there is a metal or wooden frame that supports the body! so SPEAKERS , I don't think so!!!! If ofcourse one of you comes up with a design of corrugated carton speakers, I will be reading anxiousley!

J-P
SEMI - professional body carrier!!!! :)

But wait, there's more!

To just go out and order a coffin you must be really sick... Or you just want to make a subwoofer that's loud as Hell! Alternatively, it would make a great infinite baffle loudspeaker: from the inside you won't hear the back-wave at all, just sweet heavenly music such as Deth Metal!

Are they straight-sided rectangular coffins, or the hexagonal kind? With plain rectangular coffins you could at least pretend they're not coffins after modifying them somewhat.

CM

A few posts back someone was wondering why they might be padded. No it isn't to keep grandpa comfy, it's to stop him from rolling around and banging the sides. This has been shown to add a level of comfort to the greavers.

Also, after you get over the morbidity of it, you now have a cabinet with only two parrallel walls. Good stuff.

Also, I think it would be great if you could leave the hinges on it and seal it with extra tensioner handles, for access to the inside.

You know, just in case one of the drivers dies?

$500 a piece eh?

A guy could make a killing selling those.

Enough!
Cal

I bet they are beautiful pieces, I've never seen an ugly coffin.

and seal it with extra tensioner handles,

How ironic they are called 'coffin locks'

Coffin Locks (Roto-Locks)

Coffin Locks (Roto-Locks) are special fastening devices used to lock together scenery. The locks function by rotating a tongue into a receiver with a hex-wrench. These were very popular a few years back, but take a bit of planning to make sure that all of the parts will line up. They are very good for travelling shows where there is little time to set up.

Attachments

• coffin_lock_1.jpg
    coffin_lock_1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 277
A little irrelevant but on topic...

When I go I want an open casket service. I want some sort of a spring loaded mechanism that sits me up when people come near the casket. I also want the mortician to leave my eyes wide open and my lips stretched into the biggest grin possible. Why should my death be boring?

Most times, necromancing a thread would be considered a faux pas. In this case, it seems eerily appropriate.

A kid at my brother's high school drove an old Cadillac hearse and had a coffin shaped (I don't think it was a real coffin) subwoofer in the back! The car was black with flames on the front and had a large window decal that said "Undertaker".

I thought it was novel.

And creepy.

Regards,
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.