a problem - no bias current

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the resistor in zobel is cold, osciloscope did not show anything... it was going nicely all the way to the 100kHz and above nothing.....crazy thing....

i will recheck when i dismount the board.... and than i will let everybody know.... :) thanks for helping Karl... now you know why i am so confused and why i can't figure what is going on.... hehhehehe

anyway - i will everybody know what is happening as soon as i have some new info...

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi, Final thought, if you are relying on fixed bias resistor do be careful, it would be so easy to over bias particularly on testing, and a few 10's of mv too much could fry the outputs. Use the 60 watt mains bulb trick untill you get it sorted. I think if it were me I would initially replace the bias network with a pot (say 470ohm) and make sure you can swing the bias current smoothly from zero upward, or more correctly that your voltage at A/B varies smoothly from zero to about 1.5v at which point the outputs should begin to conduct.
Do let us know how you get on.
Karl

I think you have inverted the coletor and emitter

Very difficult and a rarity to make this mistake.

But it is consistent with some informations you gave us.

Audio passes, bias exists...heheheheh.... it works wrong that way.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• the error.gif
    the error.gif
    73.3 KB · Views: 109
my friends....

heheheheh
IT IS WORKING!!!!

i am stupid idiot.... that is what i am....
i didn't noticed that i forgot to solder base and emitter od the negative driver transistor......

as Carlos said - assembling error.....

it is working like a charm.... - going on a second channel - now, i bit smarter :) heheheheheh

the schematic is original as i intended - with two bjt's and a trimmer in their base....

thank You Karl and Carlos too... :))
yes... well. i am happy for sure.....
i onyl have to make few things on the second channel, to bias it properly and than to check how it is sounding...... i am really intererested to hear it.... my first solid state amp (well, not completely but hey, i am learning) and complicated too.... :)

hehehhee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.