A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)

Unfortunately not. Have red board.

I listened to the two recordings you made. Never heard something like this, but clearly there is a wild mix-up of digital (clocking) signals.

This can be caused by overload of the shift register logic (specially the very first red board is sensitive for this)

so two questions, also to exclude possible other errors:

Is this a board with still the 3,3 Volt regulator or 5Volt regulator? If not pls replace the LF33 with a LF50 and see if it is fixed

and/or

can you try how it works with two boards ?

1,000,000 VIEWS !!!!

1000000 (one million !!!) Views, wow !!! :cool:

Many, many and BIG Thanks to all the regular readers and posters to this thread.

The DDDAC1794 has been a great adventure so far and still every month enthousiast Audio DIY are building, modifying or upgrading this great DAC.

I wish everyone lot's of fun and joy with the hobby and let's go on to the 2 Million :p

Attachments

• 1000000.jpg
    1000000.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 379
Well, I just ordered a single board kit with the wave IO. Couldn't help myself after reading through most of this thread. I had a nos DAC and enjoyed it until I began to hear that it was not giving me all the information on the recordings. It was a DB labs tranquility Dac which used a single 1543. I bought a used Emotiva DC 1 and although it has good resolution, especially in the mid range, I would like to have the resolution and the nos sound signature. I'm looking forward to building and listening to the 1794.
I feel very fortunate to have this great Dac available for diy. Thank you Doede!
Once I get this into my system it will be all DIY, at least in the construction side of things. Pass Aleph P , Pass AlephJ or F5 V3 and PI 3 speakers with ungraded drivers and x over.
It's a great time to be an audio hobbiest!

Well, I just ordered a single board kit with the wave IO. Couldn't help myself after reading through most of this thread. I had a nos DAC and enjoyed it until I began to hear that it was not giving me all the information on the recordings. It was a DB labs tranquility Dac which used a single 1543. I bought a used Emotiva DC 1 and although it has good resolution, especially in the mid range, I would like to have the resolution and the nos sound signature. I'm looking forward to building and listening to the 1794.
I feel very fortunate to have this great Dac available for diy. Thank you Doede!

It's a great time to be an audio hobbiest!

Thanks for the flowers and welcome to the dddac club ;)

would be nice if you post some feedback and pictures when you are ready ?

Thanks for the flowers and welcome to the dddac club ;)

would be nice if you post some feedback and pictures when you are ready ?

You are most welcome! I am really looking forward to building, listening and experimenting with the DDDac. I am already looking at power supply designs, chassis etc. I will certainly post my build progress. It will be a few weeks before I get started on this, due to other work and volunteer commitments.

Hi,

Just finished my first build (1 blue main + 1 DAC Module PBT).

Only after powering up the right channel doesn't seems not to have 8 volt.
The 7810 works fine at a steady 10V.
After measuring the PCM1974 at pin 15 or 28 only about 2.35V is available.
It looks like the shunt isn't working.

Any suggestion about what is going on ?

Thanks, Marcel

Hi,

Just finished my first build (1 blue main + 1 DAC Module PBT).

Only after powering up the right channel doesn't seems not to have 8 volt.
The 7810 works fine at a steady 10V.
After measuring the PCM1974 at pin 15 or 28 only about 2.35V is available.
It looks like the shunt isn't working.

Any suggestion about what is going on ?

Thanks, Marcel

are the two LEDs are lighting up?