A nice place to live

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A couple shots from the Vancouver suburbs toward the city and the north shore mountains. Great day for a walk.

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpg
    IMG_2258.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2280.jpg
    IMG_2280.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2292.jpg
    IMG_2292.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 222
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
- nothing like skiing on an active volcano to wake your day up!
Be it a volcano or plates smashing together matters not, mountains can be a lot of fun as long as you're not rolling down one.

Canada is drop-dead gorgeous isn't it!
Not sure, I live west of the Rockies. I hear Canada can be rather cold this time of year. Near the ocean, where the pics were taken, I didn't my jacket.

Its soooo vast and wild.
Yes, our cars are vast and our women are wild.

Love the landscapes...
Me too, I wish I was a painter.

Mind you after I win the lottery, NZ is definitely on the list. You guys may not be big but you make up for it with what you have... and I'm not talking lamb here.

Further up Vancouver Isl. get even better! (when it's not raining:)) View attachment 203206
Don

Hi Don,

If I wanted to live in a city, Victoria would probably be my first choice, although it certainly was nicer 30 years ago.

I live out in the sticks myself and like it just fine, but when you say further up the Island, where do you have in mind...Alert Bay? The Campbell River or...? Vancouver Island is one long, long Island. I'm sure that anywhere up there would suite me, and having been born in the NW, I already have webbed feet.
:D

BTW: I tried your attachment and received this message:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Best Regards,
Terry

Last edited:
Victoria is nice. Actually, Seattle is nice on a summer day as well. Too bad the waterfront is wrecked by a major arterial and a major highway running straight through (imagine if Seattle had the city planning that went into the design of Vancouver... man...) This time of year is the perfect time to curl up in one of the independent coffee shops, though.

~Tom

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
...so you can do the finishing while you're here. Meals and beer included my friend. :D

Put me to work, eh? :D
I can drink a lot of beer and eat a lotta grub - might not seem like an equitable deal for you after about a year or so...:eek:

I'd like to get out there one of these days and have a look at what I've been missing. Not much in the way of mountains around here. Ski hills don't count, even if they call them 'mountains'.

Last edited:
Hi Don,

If I wanted to live in a city, Victoria would probably be my first choice, although it certainly was nicer 30 years ago.

I live out in the sticks myself and like it just fine, but when you say further up the Island, where do you have in mind...Alert Bay? The Campbell River or...? Vancouver Island is one long, long Island. I'm sure that anywhere up there would suite me, and having been born in the NW, I already have webbed feet.
:D

BTW: I tried your attachment and received this message:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Best Regards,
Terry
Terry: If the link doesn't work, come up and have a look 'round for yourself!!
(We're on Van. Island, half way up the east coast--Comox valley)
Most cities were probably "better" 30 years ago, n'est ce pas?
Best, Don

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.