A few questions about Building a LM3886 Chip amp???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanx Guys ....I think I am set now.....

JesseG : My PSU is a Fairly simple design that puts out regulared +/- 15v for the pre and Unregulated 22-25v for the power amp...
It is pretty much the same design I use for my preamps but modified with a Bigger Bridge rectifier ,More Filtering Caps and to put out +/-22v Unregulated and minus the Phantom supply that I use in the preamps.....

It is good to see a fellow Vancouver Islander on here, If you happen to live close to me maybe we can colaborate on a Project or something?? I live close to Duncan so maybe send me a PM and we can work on something together?? None of my friends here are into DIY so it would be cool to have someone I can bounce Ideas off of....

If I run into Problems I"ll come back and post a follow up.....

Cheers

Minion said:
[Here is a schematic that is the basis for the preamp I am useing:

Are there are problems that you think I might encounter useing this preamp design simular to this??

Thanx a Lot Guys....

I would not configure the preamp so the tone control is before the distortion circuit. This is fine for clean tones but it will not be as effective or sound as good if it is after the distortion circuit. The distortion comes from the D1-D4 diode clippers after U1B.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.