A DIY event in Denmark?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Huh ? :confused:

1. Make the amp more efficient?
2. why would have so much low freq Sq wave tilt sound good, wouldn't this not have an negative effect on the bass?

Forgive my assumptions as i was taught for years to run away form tilting waveforms of any kind ... :)

regards,

1) Because the inductor theoretically can swing twice the rail voltage.

2) Because the music is not a square, but a bunch of sine's, which it has no problems supplying with great force. The square shows more about rise time, than freq. response.

Magura :)

I'm now starting on a CViller F5 with "mods" .;) is there a good/better/best approach with the inductor , as to type , size etc? .......

Good/better= huge iron core inductor=huge transformer=2kVA transformer.

Best= even bigger air core bifilar inductor.

Even better= 2 friends to help you move any of the above :cool:

EDIT: F5 with mods?

Last edited:
Ahhh. errr. Hmmmm .... does big iron /air core have a number :D 5 ,10 , 20 mh

The big iron is more a matter of avoiding saturation, so according to my experience, we are talking at least a 1kVA transformer, and preferably more.

The air core is a lot easier to deal with, regarding saturation, as there is no such thing.
For an air core, you can get away with 2 x 80mH. Now that doesn't sound all that scary, but you also need low DCR, which makes it somewhat more problematic.
I made mine of 12 gauge copper wire, which gives a DCR of 2R4 per winding, as I recall.
What I do recall very clearly, is the weight of them: ~22kg a piece!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hello Magura ,
Thanks for the response , i now understand why , now for the obvious :)
can the amp operate without the inductors and if so , why have them ?

I find that the music has stronger dynamics, more "spring" in the notes. It's actually kind of spooky the sounds that you get during the quiet passages. Without the inductor, I think the music sounds very smooth, but flat--like warm, non-carbonated beer. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.