A complex mess

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ya I fixed the delay problem so its perfect, sit in the middle. I will run it pure for a while without eq's either just an active crossover. I'm getting scared of buying a nakamichi td 1200 just to put a bunch of **** in the way of my ear and ruin the whole point of having a analog 12v system, which was purity, listening experience and, making it like home (I wish home had that bench seat, even with half the cotton and no apolstry left its comfy.

About the speakers, I am going to keep it simple: high sensitivity, paper or silk, rubber surround, soft sound, can take the power of 4 devices (25 amp) on the upper and 12 on the lower, you guys get the idea.
I was thinking of using some dayton.
ST385-8 15" Series II Woofer use around a cubic foot box instead of 1.7 for some lower notes
70 to 100 hertz cut off
ST255-8 10" Series II Woofer recommended .5 cubic foot box
around 400 to 500 cut off
RS125P-8 5" Reference Paper Woofer 8 Ohm or RS150P-8 6" Reference Paper Woofer 8 Ohm with a minute box to go up to 1K to 1.5K
I was thinking of making it a 5 way now.. with some sort of 3" and tweeter.
I am hazy up here, little lost. I have heard dayton makes good woofers, they look pretty good (build and design) and, the price is fair. Little worried about a 30 watt mid speaker but, if it is a honest rating that is plenty.
A little fuzy on a good upper range, my experience is minimal here. Don't think an altec 801 horn would fit on the dash so maybe you guys might know.

Last edited:
Lol, YOLO man, the guys here don't know nuthfink bout carz man. Delay with wires is well simps, howdya think they make digi verb man? Loadsa different length wires man. Tapez rulez!!!

...on a more serious note, stick to the car. You're currently clueless and the pitfalls are many and clearly waiting for you. Take it as a statement of fact not an insult as it's not intended that way.

Find an engineer who knows about audio but not car restoration and do a skills swap if I were you.

I know that, I was gonna do the system to put it in the house and play with it. It is one of those small goals. There has been an absence of audio stuff in my life lately, needed some intermediate gratification. Don't worry about the car its only sitting on the days I work, I work on it those other days. Dream a little about how great its gonna be, think about all those other things I could be doing: reading, shooting, getting more audio equipment, sitting, maybe a girlfriend, age appropriate things in general.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.