99 Acura CL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i always thought the stock bose systems were external eq and amp? were the deck was speaker level to the the bose gear, then to the speakers, well in the economy car at least to save money. but the more expensive cars like cadillac, or infinity had preamp to the processors and amps. if im wrong please tell me.

It depends on the vehicle. Bose's older systems were all Eq'd from deck no matter the use of any external amp(s) or not.

One way to find out without, measuring the voltage and plotting it against frequency, would be to e-mail Bose about replacing the head unit where; you are "worried" about losing EQ to the Bose speakers.

Re: eq

subarusteve said:
the eq built into the source unit and is preset from the factory
there may be a way to access it....there is more than likely and external amp...

Bose(o) said:
It depends on the vehicle. Bose's older systems were all Eq'd from deck no matter the use of any external amp(s) or not.

One way to find out without, measuring the voltage and plotting it against frequency, would be to e-mail Bose about replacing the head unit where; you are "worried" about losing EQ to the Bose speakers.

typical of oem's to do this i think...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.