900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter

hi apex,

i have completed my board lot of mistakes in marking of components in the pcb.finally
its working with bulb and 10r series resistor in both the rails.732mv across possitive 10r and 632mv on neg 10r i can hear the clear buzz in the speaker.when i touch the input.30mv on speaker terminal using only a pair of output.ill complete it step by step.
r24/25 heating a lot (1k) will be changing it to 3k3.

right now iam using 60-0-60vdc.what should be the value of r22/23 for biasing for 2 pairs of outputs only for testing purpose.

thanks in advance

ravs

be a vegeterian......

hi apex,

do oscilations makes bulb glow brighter.i increased the length of leads of mje15032/33 and mje340 sleeved.the bulb started to glow continuosly.different voltages on collectors as we move away from the fuse.checked for shorts . removing the transistors and bolting them to sink and connect through wires make things normal.or is there any other problem.is my amp oscilating.ill post pictures tonight.

thanks in advance

ravs

be a vegeterian....

hi apex,

do oscilations makes bulb glow brighter.i increased the length of leads of mje15032/33 and mje340 sleeved.the bulb started to glow continuosly.different voltages on collectors as we move away from the fuse.checked for shorts . removing the transistors and bolting them to sink and connect through wires make things normal.or is there any other problem.is my amp oscilating.ill post pictures tonight.

thanks in advance

ravs

be a vegeterian....

Is your zobel resistor 4R7/2W hot?

do oscillations makes bulb glow brighter..
I would expect so.
If the amp has been set up with near zero output stage bias then the Power consumption is very low.
If oscillation sets in, then Power consumption will increase significantly.

If you test start up with a low wattage light bulb then it should be sensitive to any fault that increases Power consumption.

As you turn up the output stage bias, you will find that the light bulb starts to glow. Stop, back off the bias slightly. Change the bulb to a slightly higher wattage. Increase output bias until the bulb is just not glowing.
In this state the bulb will see any further increase in Power consumption as a smaller proportion of the total consumption. Mild oscillation might not show as extra glow. Bad oscillation should show up easily.

hello mr apex

hello mr apex. i want to build your amplifier i order all parts and next week i will start the job.i want to ask what else should i build for complete amplifier? the module amplif, the protection circuit...and what is the vas stage you present in this forum? can you show me how to wire the vas stage if is necessary?
thanks in advance!

Is your zobel resistor 4R7/2W hot?

hi apex,
sorry it took a lot time to take photo and make some video.

no my zobel is not getting hot at all.

here are some pics and videos

Attachments

• DSCN0232.jpg
    DSCN0232.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 1,842
  • DSCN0239.jpg
    DSCN0239.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,711
  • DSCN0270.jpg
    DSCN0270.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,598
  • DSCN0273.jpg
    DSCN0273.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,498
  • DSCN0278.jpg
    DSCN0278.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,429
  • DSCN0280.jpg
    DSCN0280.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCN0285.jpg
    DSCN0285.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCN0286.jpg
    DSCN0286.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN0287.jpg
    DSCN0287.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN0293.jpg
    DSCN0293.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 247
some videos as well

1 heatsink bu.flv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxGGkKdmIwY

2 bulb without heatsink.flv
YouTube - 2 bulb without heatsink

3 only outputs on other heatsinkk.flv
YouTube - 3 only outputs on other heatsinkk

4 drivers also on other heatsink.flv
YouTube - 4 drivers also on other heatsink

5 difft readings on collectors
5 Difft Readings on Collectors - Video

6 current without speaker.flv
YouTube - 6 current without speaker

7 song playing
7 Song Playing - Video

audio2
Audio2.flv - Video

do you think its gonna work.or is it any other problem

by the way i made the pcb mirrored so all the components those were
on left are on right side and vice versa.this is third time iam doing same mistake

thanks

ravs

be a vegeterian.....

Attachments

• DSCN0294.jpg
    DSCN0294.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN0297.jpg
    DSCN0297.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN0302.jpg
    DSCN0302.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN0303.jpg
    DSCN0303.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN0304.jpg
    DSCN0304.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0305.jpg
    DSCN0305.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN0322.jpg
    DSCN0322.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 125
  • silk.GIF
    silk.GIF
    94.4 KB · Views: 381
I would expect so.
If the amp has been set up with near zero output stage bias then the Power consumption is very low.
If oscillation sets in, then Power consumption will increase significantly.

If you test start up with a low wattage light bulb then it should be sensitive to any fault that increases Power consumption.

As you turn up the output stage bias, you will find that the light bulb starts to glow. Stop, back off the bias slightly. Change the bulb to a slightly higher wattage. Increase output bias until the bulb is just not glowing.
In this state the bulb will see any further increase in Power consumption as a smaller proportion of the total consumption. Mild oscillation might not show as extra glow. Bad oscillation should show up easily.

thanks andrewt

regards

ravs

be a vegeterian......

Do you connect input GND to PSU GND? If not there will be high DC offset on amp out.

hi apex

that didnt made any difference offset becomes 20-29mv.

without any series resistor but bulb why my positive voltage 61volts
and negative 14 volts on the fuse.and different values on different collectors.
it happens when i connect c5200/1943.with drivers it is normal.
do you have any idea whats going on.

regards

ravs

be a vegeterian.......