90+90 volt rails

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, if someone think that is possible to build powerful and cheap amp(because there are only 4 transistors....), just because he find such scheme,than HE IS WRONG. Everything is possible on paper. Such amp will be very very unstable and unreliable. Especially if you install some modern transistors instead of venerable ,,heat dissipators,,

The original Sanken is very robust (the one in big package). I used them in SAE amplifiers.

When talking about PA system, I found that the ability to drive difficult load has nothing to do with the power or the number of output stage. For cascoded output, see the SAE amplifiers. Even the SAE TWO (A7), with only one pair of output (rated at 80W) can drive difficult load easily.

Unfortunately I don't have the SAE TWO schematic anymore. If somebody knows the topology, please let me know

Last edited:
obviously never bothered to try this circuit .... latest days i ma way too busy with other things ..mostly on te safe side

then again never seen the actual machine working .... beyond VI limmiters that dont existin the circuit there are also other protection methods tha may dont appear on the schematic ..

that could simply be a "dead" power supply that will act as a limmiter but of course with huge ammounts of distortion

As a conclusion the usable power of the amp could be less than 60 or 100 watts but still from 90 volt rails hedroom and dynamics could realy be something else ... add to it the paralel drivers well known for their extra kick

of course this is Just a fantasy senario and could be nice to have the all amplifier here for a quick evaluation ...

kind regards sakis

If we are now talking about amps which have cascade output than look at carver PM1.5 amp with only 1 pair of output transistors...but have a lot commutators to reduce dissipation on outputs. Which isn't the case in this simple design...
Again try or believe.
Mmmmm liquid nitrogen...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.