7th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2010

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Be very careful - those blokes will have you drinking the local brew and when you return to the States you will never find one that is satisfying. :drink::drink::drink:

It's a plot by the Canuk's to slowly take over the entire North American continent in order to expand the hockey league and thus sun tan in Miami while they watch the games on the local telly. :joker:

See, we've got GREAT micros here in Seattle. Red Hook Brewery is on my way home from work :D Not that I've ever been there before though :yes:

it's Canuck, I tell ya...

Americans can't even spell Canuck correctly....how can any expect them to understand Canada's real plan to take over the world (in my best Brain voice from "Pinky and the Brain")?

The US Dept. of the Interior has had plans to divert 90% of Canada's fresh water to the US, as we "waste water, allowing it to (mainly) run its natural course throughout our country. We've decided that rather let our water fall into the wrong hands, we're converting it all to beer :). Our infants have been fed American beer from birth as a means of weaning them from their mother's milk. We then start all on a strict diet of Canuck beer.

By the time the Americans figure it out, they'll all be too drunk, and then we can invade:).

"Take off to the Great White North, take off it's a groovy way to go..."

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Americans can't even spell Canuck correctly....how can any expect them to understand Canada's real plan to take over the world (in my best Brain voice from "Pinky and the Brain")?

The US Dept. of the Interior has had plans to divert 90% of Canada's fresh water to the US, as we "waste water, allowing it to (mainly) run its natural course throughout our country. We've decided that rather let our water fall into the wrong hands, we're converting it all to beer :). Our infants have been fed American beer from birth as a means of weaning them from their mother's milk. We then start all on a strict diet of Canuck beer.

By the time the Americans figure it out, they'll all be too drunk, and then we can invade:).

"Take off to the Great White North, take off it's a groovy way to go..."

My bad about the Canuck spelling :crying:

I like the plan - to bad I don't drink things with alcohol in 'em. :rolleyes:

c2cthomas

beer is useful for other things too...

wash yourself in it..your hair in particular. Ferment it a little more and make bread...or pizza or whatever...

trade it...

and terry, Canuck is Canuck not Canook, although Nanook the Canook does have a ring to it.

And there is no joking around when it comes to the golden elixir of the great White North (although I think Cal may have gone back to his heritage and started drinking Single Malt (Scotch) due to a recent personal issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Snip~~~~~~~~~~~~

and terry, Canuck is Canuck not Canook, although Nanook the Canook does have a ring to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Snip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stew,

I'm sure I'm not mistaken, but I suppose that it's............Naw!

Nanook the Canook from Chinook!

No, it all fits, three elements and the perfect cosmic symmetry that is associated with this mystical number.
Notice that all the "O's" in my example above number six, which is divisible by three, two and one (three numbers). The one and two can be summed to equal the remaining number...3!
Stew, there is obviously an underlying fundamental principle at work here, we must be willing to be sublimate our egos and obey these elements of the "Force."

Let's see: The Trinity, the Triangle and, of course, the Triode.
Obviously, the number 3 is clearly a divine number, like 33 1/3!
:hypno2:

I could go on, but my wife is reminding me that I must take my meds.

Best Regards,
Terry

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight!
The Development of the Boundary Between the U.S. and Canada
There ya go = a battle that we obvously won! The pig war, yea thats what they called it!

--------

Opps - mayhaps I'm a little bit excited. Must take my meds.

I don't know if we won, but I believe that the only life that was lost in that war, was that of the darn pig that got stuck in the fence. It is a lot of fun to visit the old forts that the Canadians and Americans put up at the outbreak of this "war". Didn't Kaiser Wilhelm mediate the settlement?

I was so young at the time I don't really remember much about it. Let's ask Don, he's older than I am, and he's sure to remember!

Best Regards,
Terry

Ok so this may not be the right venue to ask this but since there's so many people viewing this thread from the NW I thought it'd be worth a shot ...

I've never heard any single driver setups. It seems from looking around the Full Range Driver area that there are a lot of single driver enthusiasts here in the greater NW. If any of you live in the greater Seattle area and wouldn't mind a fellow enthusiast come by for his first single driver experience, PM me. I'd love to come experience what its all about.

If this is totally the wrong area to ask just let me know where a more appropriate area would be.

Thanks!

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.