• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

72V PS for 600W IRS2092 Modular Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Cristi,
I have ordered (#1073):
  • 600W IRS2092 Modular Amplifier
  • +/-72V SMPS800RS

Unfortunately after I sent my order I have seen that you recommend minimum +/-76V for the 600W version.

Can I myself adjust the SMPS afterwards to let's say 80V? Or will this lead to problems with capacitor max. voltage?

Best regards,
Marco

Marphy, I note that, will contact you by mail as well.
the adjustment limit for smps is not that high to reach +-80V. As I explained in another thread for another customer which wanted to change the output voltage for another smps from 48 to 36V, that the topology used allows little voltage variation to keep the output votlage regulated and the efficiency above 90% from less than 10% load to maximum, with tipical efficiency values of 93% and 95% peak. there aren't many if any other topologies which can allow this. and the bonus for the high efficiency is the low EMI generated since the current have sine shape most of the time.
capacitors working voltages are chosed close to the operating voltage to allow the maximum available capacitance to be used for a given capacitor can size. for 72V version on the last batches I used 4700uF 80V since the next cap at 100V would have just 2700uF for the same can size. and for class D amps is important to keep a high capacitance to cope with bus pumping in SE applications.

since this forum is not always accessible from my location, I set-up a small forum on the connexelectronic domain, don't be shy and click: Forum Connexelectronic • Index page

Hello Cristi,
thanks for the kind explanations.

So what would you recommend for the 600W amp, upgrading the SMPS to higher voltage (of course I'd pay the difference via PayPal) or have higher capacitance?

The amp should power a 18" PA subwoofer capable of 500W RMS / 1000W peak.

Best regards,
Marco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.