• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6V6 line preamp

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Yes, gain version. Were there a cathode follower to? Didnt see that. Tubes is old RCAs testing fair. Regular electrolytics as cathode resistor bypass, 1uF MKP output caps, resistors what I found around. Other then that, fairly as the schematic I found in this thread.

Heaters power scheme? Regular AC 2 lines 6,3 VAC from the trafo. It has 5 V to. From an old radio.

Staffan

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
RCAs are great. Black anode? Yes there was a bootstrapped cathode follower also shown for those who want a buffer. Repeating for quick reference:

Attachments

• 6V6CF.gif
    6V6CF.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 917
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Black anode. Cool, maybe I'll re-bread it to buffer while waiting for regulator stuff. Gonna tune and "compactisize" the filterlines to and work it out for two 340/360 lines, for with and without SSHV2. I have two old output trafos from old radios at about 11 H each that I think will take the current.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Black anode. Cool, maybe I'll re-bread it to buffer while waiting for regulator stuff. Gonna tune and "compactisize" the filterlines to and work it out for two 340/360 lines, for with and without SSHV2. I have two old output trafos from old radios at about 11 H each that I think will take the current.

Use FT3 0.1uF Teflon input cap if you can for the CF, it makes a difference in my experience in this circuit.

SSHV2 plays very good on #26 feedback says. Its a new reg, take caution you will be the first to apply, don't know behavior on the higher B+ and mA for double 6V6 yet. SSHV1 works in Gregory's though.

Your right. Was just checking. Might be worth trying with MKP10 if you got one. They can handle the voltage. I have obbligato Film in Oil tha i will start with, bt i think the Supremes is where i will end up. My brother has them throughout his Ming DA integrated and loved the improvement.