• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6V6 line preamp

Hopefully the 6v6 will be occupying this case today or tomorrow. I always finish the amps and never the enclosures to contain them, so this time I worked in reverse and finished the case first.

Buzz this box is great!Any details? home made?

scratch that. it was a spontaneous reaction, i read the following posts.
You are very crafty. Indeed.

Last edited:
Yes. Salas' 6V6 is a permanent member of my audio family. I am going to redesign the whole board so that everything is together and neat. THe psu will be redesigned to allow for SS or tube rectification. Excellent amp that is well worth the effort. Even got some Mundorf SIO waiting, but have to try old Russion PIO as well.

Will have a Salas 6v6 preamp in my arsenal as well soon.

Attachments

• salas6v6_ikea.jpg
    salas6v6_ikea.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 865
The Tungsol will get you 85% of the way, maybe more. We all know that most of the money is spent in tweakers corner. Salas, Do you think heat will be a problem in thats structured cell setup. I really like the ease of setup. Jsut cant beat it for a quick case. Looks good to boot with tennon joinery

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Well, each one bottle runs at 5W, I will have to go aim my IR gun at their bases, because I forgot how many C I had found on them. I will report in 5 mins so you will be able to judge if it can darken that wood and its finish around the bases collars.