• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6V6 line preamp

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
RLo not only drains Cout when off to avoid reconnection pops. It also provides last resort DC reference in the NFB version. But its good practice to further brace with a Meg resistor across the input when there's no volume pot there. Without DC reference the circuit simply does not know how to bias up correctly.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
1st impressions are positive & very good SQ, as you said strong bass but articulated and clean, the mids aren't thin but not excessively thicks, about the highs mine opinion can't count (I'am an old 65 years man). I guess the combo pasive load + NFB makes the sound cleaner and not soft in this case complements one to the each other, normally all pasive loads I tried in several configurations sounded very natural but soft without punch (always without NFB) so always sounded far better the active load: more cleaner with punch (dynamics) and for mine experience with NFB of course the opposite weak bass & mids but very clean with more dynamics.

Really really you make a simple & not expensive and very good piece of cake to enjoy audio at very high sound quality level, congrats Salas you can be proud of your work & have no words to express all my gratitude.

Cheers
Felipe

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Without 1R and 47uF RC for separate channels after SSHV2 the soundstage open a lot, what increase a lot the power in that way that I believed I desoldered de NFB in both channels taking off the RC. The negative side is with RC was a little bit of hum but weak & supportable but without RC it's unbearable doe to the increase of power.

Time to do measurements. I will keep you updated.

Last edited: