6th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2009

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kevin Haskins said:
I'll see if my parole officer will let me leave the country. If so.... put my name on a couple of those beers.

I have a policy about kilts and clothing though. I keep my cloths on unless the female to male ratio is > 1:1 If you can attract that many Canadian honeys I'll consider disrobing but I'd expect the ratio to change quickly once the cloths start coming off.

Kevin, if we could still attract any Canadian honeys* to our personalities and not wallets, do you think we'd spend the whole week-end hanging out with a bunch of hearing impaired, balding, middle aged techno-dweebs? I say that with all appropriate affection.

Speaking for one, even in that alternate universe most of my weekend would be in recovery from a single "occurrence".

Of course, if you think you're up to it, we could arrange for one of the young-ens in attendance to taxi y'all down to Monty's for a "pop" or 2

*I just spent 4 days last week in Vancouver BC (during a unseasonable hot spell), and during numerous walks along the Seawall, Robson St., Lost Lagoon, English Bay, Yaletown, Granville Island Market, etc., the temperature certainly had a liberating affect on the volume and density of clothing worn by pedestrians of all ages and genders (there are at least 3 here). I was glad to get home - I don't know what hurt more, my back from 25miles of walking in 3 days, or the neck strain from not turning around to follow the scenery

Mien Gott! What a bunch of lunatics...
It is easy to see why I get such a kick out of our annual get-together :xeye:

I will, as usual, be there, although not bringing quite so much gear this time.

Dave - I will be bringing my ultra-lightweight turntable / Mayware setup (and possibly yours ;) ) along with a new VSPS that I bought assembled and tested from Richard at RJM. It is kit #1 of 100 (he built it for testing) and I am quite thrilled to have snagged it.

See you all there :D :D :D

Jess

Hey Jesse, I hear you and I are the "prep-cooks" for the fest this year :D

leadbelly said:
Thanks Dave. unfortunately, I won't be coming this year, as we are having my Post Marital Stag that weekend. Have a good time guys!

We'll miss you, bud! :(

Chris - I'd ask why you didn't call so we could go for ein bier, but I saw you were distracted ;)

Cheers!

Trouble in Cal land.

Richmond hospital is getting a new MRI unit installed and this may require the roofers to work weekends to avoid making smellies near the operating room air intakes during the week. Will keep posted but not looking good at this point.

Tony, glad to hear you're tying the knot. You have spoke very highly of your love in the past and I think I can speak for others when I say we all wish you all the best.

Geek said:

Chris - I'd ask why you didn't call so we could go for ein bier, but I saw you were distracted ;)

Cheers!

we took the bus on the ferry and taxi to our accommodations, all else was walking; you know, the semi annual spousal "quality time" - so opportunities for side-trips were limited

general tourism impressions:

nice walks along the Seawall/ Stanley Park, Lost Lagoon and English Bay - on a clear day the North Shore is breathtaking, and there's a very European cosmopolitan ambiance to the place, and some very fine dining as well. You'd hardly know you were in a "big North American city", and English only speaking folks are definitely in the minority.

Gastown's still too retro/grunge/trendy for my taste,

the Sun Yat-Sen Garden is a tranquil oasis on the border of one of the largest Chinatown districts in North America, just be very careful on your walking route from the West End.

now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Hello folks:
Well things are looking good for me to make it. It seems there is something of interest on at the Museum so I get the day and evening to hang out.
Whats on the list of stuff being auditioned.
I am looking forward to seeing my audio nutbar friends.
Sad to hear Cal may not make it. Whats up with that Cal, my brother from a different mother? I am sure I can get into trouble with out you but it is way more fun with you there to back me up.
See you all there

Cal Weldon said:
Tony, glad to hear you're tying the knot. You have spoke very highly of your love in the past and I think I can speak for others when I say we all wish you all the best.

Thanks Cal, much appreciated. I actually got married last Nov. Didn't have a stag before because my closest friends were cash strapped and on the verge of suing each other. So that's why it's a POST marital stag.

Too bad about your conflict this year. We'll have to both try and show up in '10.

whilst surfin 'round...

I spotted the thread.

Congrats to leadbelly, et al who are in the new(er stages) of a relationship.

Cal, remind them thar docs that without music, there is no life....

still trying to get hold of Murray so that I can drag him out w/me. Or maybe my nephew (just have a good drum kit set up so he can entertain us :)...)--hmmm, anyone play guitar, and maybe an electric bass?

if nobody can make the trip with me, I most likely won't come....

Re: part of wanting to come out is so that ...

Nanook said:
I can return the FE127 Miievas back to their home Planet...
If any have heard from Murray ask him to drop a line...

JesseG said:
Hey Stew

You HAVE to come, man. I have been all atingle about showing you my ultra-light turntable and getting your thoughts...

Scott: looking forward to seeing you again :D

Jess

gosh, this is getting a bit "twittericious"

Re: Re: Re: part of wanting to come out is so that ...

Geek said:

There we go... one of these youngin's can Twitter the whole festival for those who can't make it :clown:

"I'm listening to a chipamp"
"Something is off on this design of..."
"CAL SPILLED BEER!"
"Ths Fnkn's R 2 r0x!"

:rolleyes: :D

and let's not forget about those cel phone cameras - probably few of us want to end up on You-tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.