• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6N6P vs 5687

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Below are the spectum analysis on the output 6AS7G PSET, driver 5687 vs 6H6. Pout 6.2watts. At lower pout 6H6 wins on total thd.

Attachments

• 5687vs6h6.jpg
    5687vs6h6.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2,470
single 6N6P for stereo pre-amp

Hi guys,

I'm going to have a shot at a very simple cathode follower pre-amp but using both sides of double triode like the 6N6P for the left and right channels.

I have attached a photo (don't have any software to design these yet; if anyone knows of a good freeware please advise).

How does this look?

Hi!
In push pull a single 6N6P or 6H30 will give about 1.5 to2W in Class A. If you examine their structure you can see that these two are the same except for grid spacing yielding lower mu and Rp for the 6H30.

Move it to Class AB and you can double that.

How can I change the circuit to ClassAB??? Could somebody help me?

Greets:
Tyimo

Yes, 1 to 10 ohms. These are to measure quiescent current separately from both triodes.
The drawing above is just the basic schematic. A bias balance adjustment is required for actual circuit, etc.
I understood your question so that you just wanted to know how the make class AB1 6N6P output circuit, not full working amplifier.
Am I right ?

6n6P linestage

I built a 6N6P parafeed line stage, and I'm very happy with it. The 6N6P is very linear. Here's a link to a post I made in the Magnequest forum.

Bwahahaha....! It's FRANKENLINE II ! - twystd - MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

It's a simple parafeed triode gain stage, with battery bias, K&K audio CCSs as loads, Magnequest 15K B7 transformers, Russian KBG parafeed caps, bypassed by Russian SSG silver and micas, DAC attenuators.

Power supply: small balanced power transformer, feeding R core power transformer, TV damper diode rectification, critical inductance choke input, LCLC PDM filter section, using Russian MBGO smoothing caps.

Like most tubes, not all 6N6Ps are created equal. IMO some of the best are early 70's vintage Reflector/Saratovs, same vintage Novosibirsks are very nice as well, the Novosibirsk with the red dab of paint at the tip of the tube are select grade, I buy them when I can find them. By far the best are the 1964 Reflectors with the square getter, and the old diamond shaped logo. They may be available in other years around that time, but I have only seen the 1964s.

The 6N6P is cheap, readily available, very linear, robust, and IMO sound great....obviously I'm a big fan of this tube.

twystd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.