• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6H9c Idle Current.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Two stages in series without coupling cap. Cathode res. in second stage shunt with series RC group /R trimmer - middle point connected to one of ends with nominal like cath. res... and el cap about 100-500 uF/. This schem. I used in my 300B.

I do think you make it input amp like the old einstein amp? this has 6sl7 input.

history of it.

Tyler Rourke tells how he built a replica of a hi-fi system built by Jack Rosenberg for Albert Einstein's 70th birthday gift.

Attachments

• schematic.jpg
    schematic.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I do not now if multisim is buggy, but I do read really strange things with this cascode tryout.:eek:

See voltages:eek: with 350 volts supply, am I murphy? or isd this because it is winter, well, winter, 14 degrees is not really winter here.

But oke, serious I did think about the cascode because of using low mu triode who sounds most of the time better like 6sn7, I have 6h8c who sounds clearly better then 6h9c, but the penthode 6H51P did sound also well only microphonic, so a cascode who act as a penthode is much less sensitive I did read.

The Valve Wizard

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_317 Nov. 24 01.09.jpg
    ScreenHunter_317 Nov. 24 01.09.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 81
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=SE+300B+schematics
I used this idea....Two stages 6SN7 preamp for end stage 300B....with poti in series to second shunt cap of sec. triode 6SN7.
In Your schem all stages are coupled with interst. caps.

Do now I build hybrides (mosfet/tube), it is different then build like yours, I need more amplification with mosfets.

But have some different idea,s about how, it is shure a challence but hee, this is what we all do here tought.

regards

I go sleep, it is over midnight here, like in bulgaria afcourse.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.