6F12P-6Ф12П passive RIAA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had simulate the circuit on TINA-TI, it seemed no major problem on bass. (well it did have some minor deviation from enhanced-RIAA curve within 0.5dB)

But when I tested on osc scope, the response rolled off at around 180Hz@-3dB / 50Hz@-6dB. On plate of the triode, there's no roll-off. On the grid of Pentode, no significant rool-off as though there's some 120Hz modulation due to the probe. And the both signals of OPT were the same - rolled off. I paralleled a 1000u/100V cap on cathode resistor of the pentode with no effect. And both channels rolled off.

So maybe I'll try to swap the pentode to first stage to see what will happen.

cheers

Coffin

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That is one possible course of action, and there are others.. First I would see what the effect of reconnecting the pentode in triode mode is, I expect the high rp of the pentode is excessive for the available primary inductance of your transformer. Another possibility would be to shunt the primary with a 5 - 10K resistance - this will reduce the available gain, but with it the source impedance as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.