• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6C33C socket types, where to buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will try to find. How many needed? 6c33c is а powerful tube,
better use ceramic sockets, not plastic/carbolite.

Hi Ippolit, thank you.

I am especially looking for this type:

4850.jpg

Due to the rarity, I'd like 10 of them, if the price is right,

I know these were made in the USSR in the PLK(?) factory for sockets I think.

Last edited:
Except that your price is 20€ PLUS TRANSPORT which makes your profit 5.00€/socket even using your inflated costs. We already kn0w you're behaving pike a dick. Don't be extra dickish and use flawed math to justify your crappy behavior.

Yea I mailed Anton from GSTubes and he replied that he used to sell them for about $10.
And thats without any volume discount.

Draw your own conclusions...

Last edited:
Hi Ippolit, thank you.

I am especially looking for this type:

4850.jpg

Due to the rarity, I'd like 10 of them, if the price is right,

I know these were made in the USSR in the PLK(?) factory for sockets I think.
This socket were sold only at GSTube. This is a Russian made socket and no other Russian shop had stocked it, so the only change is GSTube re-stock it.

I suggest you put some stress at GSTube to replenty, there is other people that may want this socket too.

Yeah I know, I emailed the guy but he says he won't get them in stock "any time soon".
OK, so I could go with the Teflon sockets as Mark suggest, it is expensive but Teflon is a great resonance sink.
A great base to tubes or transformers. Try ask it to Mr.Clark at this site:
http://www.goodcomponent.com/index.html

Also a cheap reliable socket at GSTube: This bakelite is very good, I had some.
http://www.gstube.com/photo/2187.jpg

A final word of Caution, stay away of this kind of sockets:
http://www.gstube.com/photo/3109.jpg
Cause the claw pins are very unsuited to any tube, after some time the bad contacts appear.

Last edited:
Ye Gods, you spend lots of money on the main amp but quibble on sockets. Teflon sockets at these temps are SH*t, (Dielectric creep) plus noxious outgassing!

Buy Russian normal sockets and replace as required, you have to be carefull with these hi gm valves, dirty contacts will cause problems!!

The Bakelite Sockets (Mobile Apps) are good for 829 and 6c41 but not for 6c33, the contacts are too small, and the heater current will fry the contacts.

http://www.askjanfirst.de/kb/FAS303.jpg

Read GoodSoundClub - Romy the Cat's Audio Site - 6c33c socket repair

Regards

John

Have you tried the teflon sockets on Ebay or the original Johnson sockets? I have used the Teflon sockets. They have machined connections on them but are about 35 USD each.

Mark

The teflon ones are really nice but I'm just not willing to spend that kind of money on sockets. $20 is just about my limit for a per-socket price.
Although $35 is more reasonable than the $50 or more for the Yamamoto's.

The Russian one's I'm looking for seem like the next best thing or even better than the teflon ones to me really. They look like they last forever, provide excellent contact pressure and conductivity without arcing and look like they could act as a heatsink to the tube a bit.

Ye Gods, you spend lots of money on the main amp but quibble on sockets. Teflon sockets at these temps are SH*t, (Dielectric creep) plus noxious outgassing!
I'm Dutch, what do you expect? ;)
But my gut feeling was Ceramic > Teflon so it may very well be better in the long run to have Ceramic sockets.

Buy Russian normal sockets and replace as required, you have to be carefull with these hi gm valves, dirty contacts will cause problems!!

I've got a couple of the original Russian sockets (need some more though), they're pretty much the same as the Johnson ones and I was planning on using them, but I started this thread over a month ago and I was wondering if anyone else would come along that may know where to get these. I have a few of the Chinese ones too but I might as well throw those away.

I just ordered 10 of the NOS Soviet sockets. I only need 6, so I can sell the other 4. They'll be about $10.00 each, after shipping and all.

From the ebay guy that sold them for $80 per 10? Those are pretty decent sockets yeah. I might take you up on your offer. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.