• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6C33C and GM-70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a quick transconductance jig would be easy to throw together for testing it. And, depending on application, you could just as easily measure perveance. What else do you really need to know?

I'm still hung up on sweep tubes and Big @ss American Triodes (like 6528). When my last 6528 dies, I'll check out the Russian stuff. It *does* look intriguing, though...

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
SEXY TUBES

Hi,

Well, yes 15 years ago already you got these japanese EC33Cs.
I did some testing on those and later the russian stuff but found them hard to work with.

They take an awful lot of time to stabilize,so much so as to wreck havoc elsewhere and cause thermal runaway destroying themselves in the process.

Keep in mind these where mostly post "cold war" leak throughs and I haven't toyed with more recent samples.

I find that in practice these offer a good alternative to more popular tubes but as far as I can find my 6080s' at low prices I guess I stick with these.

BTW,6528 isn't exactly easy to source either.
I think PENTA LABS still carries some.

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.