• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6AU5GT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You should be able to replace the 6AH4 with your 6AU5 without changing anything. I did testing with the 6AU5 and got good results but decided to use a real triode instead. If the current is too high or low adjust the 750R cathode resistor.

Attachments

• 417a-6ah4-845se.gif
    417a-6ah4-845se.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,204
Reactions: 1 user
Tom it looks like these would work well in the schematic in post #18. Would just need to change Rc to 680 ohms so you get about 37mA plate current and about 10 watts on the plate which is the rating for these tubes. Looks like a good place to start experimenting. Attached are the plate curves with the red line as the 10 watt marker and the blue as the operating point.

Attachments

• 6au5gt.gif
    6au5gt.gif
    97.9 KB · Views: 651
I just saw a little collection of NOS 6AU5GT Sylvania's in the old boxes and stamped USA on the glass. I purchased one to take home and fiddle with.
Have you seen any SE or Push Pull designs using this handsome little TV tube? I bet it would make sweet audio? Any comments would be great!
Cheers,
Shawn.
Hello!
I've just build the SE amp with these real handsome little tubes.
I used the Russian 6Ж7 (6J7) pentodes as drivers and СГ3С (0C3) and СГ4С (0D3) voltage regulators to feed the screens. The sound is really great! The anode load of 6AU5GT is 2k.

Attachments

• SE_6AU5_6J7.jpg
    SE_6AU5_6J7.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 460
  • 6AU5_5.jpg
    6AU5_5.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 425
  • 6AU5_6.jpg
    6AU5_6.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 6AU5_7.jpg
    6AU5_7.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.