60 day 'Cool Down' (study?) period before newbies can post a new thread?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DF96 I get what you are saying. But asking is different than quoting or believing or applying etc. I believe asking is and should be free. Now, if someone quotes or etc without double checking, thinking researching then it is absolutely his problem and should be replied to with a simple "No"(you get the point).

Plus, how do you separatethe above from a legit question from someone who has a problem and needs a quick fix or even advice?

No I am a wet person really . It is helpful to say we never stop learning . I had lads work for me . One asked me about Jewish faith . I am not Jewish , but did my best , his father had died . He then said to me . His cousin was a musician and in all innocence he said you won't know him . I said try me " Ry Cooder " . He had no idea his cousin was that famous .

Asking questions is fine. No problem with that, except where exactly the same question is asked over and over again because people are too lazy to search for the answer.

My concern is people asking a question and then not liking the answer. Genuine newbies who want to learn are fine, however 'daft' their questions are.

Sometimes we get new people popping up with an 'answer' which is either wrong or trivial, but they want to tell the rest of us that we have been getting it wrong for years. Naturally they are not happy when we tell them that their 'answer' is wrong or trivial, and the right answer has been known for years. Some people, curiously, seem to do only this: they keep starting threads with different daft ideas but having been put straight they still come back a few weeks later with another daft idea. It reminds me of the small child bringing home a piece of work from school and proudly showing it to his Mum, who then tells him how wonderful it is. OK when you are seven, not so helpful when you are 37!

There was a post recently about biasing class B FET amps . I think the gentleman wants to keep the complete circuit secret . I did know the answer to his question . However it would mean designing the whole thing for him . His basic problem was the circuit needed feedback or more current . We all gave up in the end . I showed one of my more secret designs so he could see the problem . Not anything very special . Just my secret stuff . The answer was in what I showed him . I can not do more than that .

BTW . The lad that worked for me wasn't interested in hi fi . He was honest and I gave him a job which he did very professionally . He is just going to succeed I think . It has taken him a long time . I think I was part of it as I was his lost father for a while ( it was not easy if asking , I just did it out of concern ). See link below .

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0887747/bio

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.