~50W Class-T Amp with tone control?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've got some old Beovox CX-50 loudspeakers that I'd like to use in the basement when doing sports.
Since their quality is not that good I thought I'll go for a cheap Class-T Amp.
I tried the Lepai TA2020+ I have in my car and it's almost enough power (although they are rated 50w/6 Ohm).

I thought about a TDA7492, 2x50W but I can't find any with tone control (probably need to increase bass with these small speakers).

Does anyone have a suggestion for me? Alternatives are the "Mohr SV 50" or SMSL SA 50. I need a finished built as I'm a noob :)

Thanks for your help,
Christoph

Hi there,

I've got some old Beovox CX-50 loudspeakers that I'd like to use in the basement when doing sports.
Since their quality is not that good I thought I'll go for a cheap Class-T Amp.
I tried the Lepai TA2020+ I have in my car and it's almost enough power (although they are rated 50w/6 Ohm).

I thought about a TDA7492, 2x50W but I can't find any with tone control (probably need to increase bass with these small speakers).

Does anyone have a suggestion for me? Alternatives are the "Mohr SV 50" or SMSL SA 50. I need a finished built as I'm a noob :)

Thanks for your help,
Christoph

(Hot sale high quality) Music Hall TPA3116 2.0 channel stereo digital power amplifier board with Bass+treble adjust-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Close as you're going to get my friend. :) Mac

For http://www.amazon.com/Nobsound®-TPA3116-Channel-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B00WTOAC1M

I found this table:
Power range : 8-25V (Can use the laptop power supply)
Power Interface:outer diameter 5MM,inner core 2.1MM
(We recommend 17V-22V,use 12V or below as power supply will have a greater impact on this amplifier power)
Power supply voltage:

12V ------- 8 Ohm speaker / 12W (left channel) + 12W (right channel), 4 ohm speaker / 20W (left channel) + 20W (left channel),
15V ------- 8 ohm / 18 + 18W, 4 ohm / greater than 30 + 30W,
19V ------- 8 ohm / 32 + 32W, 4 ohm / greater than 45 + 45W,
24V ------- 8 ohm / 38 + 38W, 4 ohm / greater than 55 + 55W,

I guess it's probably similar for the other amps? I could then use this one for example in the car where I only need 20w (12v) and the normal, not mini version with a higher power power supply for the 50w beovox speakers

Here's a link to a YOUTUBE video with a BREEZE AUDIO TPA3116D2 amplifer and Little Bear P-5 Tube Preamp, which inspired me to purchase them for a pair of modified TABAQ using the Tang Band W3-2141 3" driver I'm building for my brother. Have a listen, as I think you will be quite surprised at the wonderful sound.

Mac :)

*Speakers are almost complete, and I can hardly wait to get a test listen, before I take them to my brothers house. DIY'ers always get the first listen!:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5pBsDTsts

Attachments

• IMG_20160129_163249.jpg
    IMG_20160129_163249.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
I posted thoughts here on a nearly identical board. Was curious if others get noticeable noise using its Bluetooth, esp. during quiet passages.

Don't recommend wasting time trying to fix/improve it as I did, just use as is... Maybe after adding a bit of thermal paste between heatsink & chip if there is none.

BTW don't know if normal car voltages will be so great w/this board, its LM7812 min dropout voltage appears to be 14.5v.

I tried it in the car today - I'm getting some noise if there is no sound/music. And also, if I leave it turned on I get the typical pop sound when turning on the car.

Not sure if it can be solved (with my basic knowledge), I only know those power filters for the audio inputs, not sure how this can be used with a BT amp (on the outputs?).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.