±50V SMPS for Quasar Amps (& others)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you add me in for two boards and 10m litzwire?

I will monitor the thread on elforum.ro

peos

A group buy is running on http://www.elforum.ro/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=41582&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120
There are already 62 pcb registered for version.2

I don't want to follow this group-buy on two forums.
It's OK if I put your name on that list ?
On other hand, we are going to provide Elektrisola litzwire at ~ 0.44euro/m

Nominal dimension: 0,100mm
Total number of wires 120
Grouped 1 x 3 x 40
Section 0,9425mmp

You will need at least 4m to wire transformer.
Please let me know if you are interested in litzwire as well.

Regards,
Tibi

Nice to see this thread developing. :up:

I just found another project that may be of interest to some of you - please just take a look here: http://www.poweramp.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2

Since I started this thread about the SMPS for the Quasar amp, I decided to open another one here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151755

This way keep these projects separate and avoid confusing the readers.

Thanks to all!

This is chinese cloned smps from our project. As you can see, same guy (cnx, cristi etc)
For this reason, version2 will not be a public project and pcb will come with schematic by mail.

Regards,
Tibi

This is chinese cloned smps from our project. As you can see, same guy (cnx, cristi etc)
For this reason, version2 will not be a public project and pcb will come with schematic by mail.

Regards,
Tibi

thank you for your introduction, as everybody can see, i use the same IC's SG3525 and IR2110 which probably are custom made for vicol-audio, the company which made the first and the best SMPS ever.
probably version 2 have more advanced features and the guys from Emerson, Lambda and Lucent are watching closely to get the design and to clone.

untill then, i will ship the boards for those who ordered the pcb's already.

and, btw, nice try to deploy a trojan onto my website.

Its always nice when people share stuff they've designed.
Freeloaders who steal other people's designs are a pox on society, and make things worse for those of us who aren't good enough to design our own stuff, by discouraging those who are.

Don't know if its stolen, but there are definitely similarities in the two designs. :crying:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5wl51e
(link provided for those of you who might not wish to register on poweramp.ro)

Don't know if its stolen, but there are definitely similarities in the two designs. :crying:

just compare the schematics and the pcb's and tell us if they are identical. or there is another implementation for this ic's ? maybe try to swap some pins of the ic's to look diferent
i released the documentation one week ago, by the time when my friend just released the block schematic. so, who copy who ?
regarding their previous design ? they made the first ever schematic with SG3525 and IR2110 ?
and regarding stealing, i haven't download a file from a site just to upload in another place to avoid registering.

Last edited:
cnx,

please sell your clone whatever place you want, but please no more polute this thread with palavers.

Tibi

PS. There is no reaction between pin 1 and pin9 on SG3525 as well. He copied schematic with our drawing mistakes as well !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's focus on the design, please!

As the person that started both threads I would kindly request that we keep our focus on the development of the power supply instead of the old "who shot John".

Both designs seem to be based on the application notes from IR, so... :rolleyes:

Let's keep both threads separately and enjoy the development of two nice designs, please.

Thanks!

cnx,
PS. There is no reaction between pin 1 and pin9 on SG3525 as well. He copied schematic with our drawing mistakes as well !!!!!!!

finally you admit that you have mistakes. i noticed this long time ago and i already wrote a full list with them. there are few users of this forum which got the list by mail. that rc network between pins 1 and 9 is called feedback loop. from that one depends the smps performances.
you should place a thanks for me cuz i teach you something

cnx,
please sell your clone whatever place you want, but please no more polute this thread with palavers.
QUOTE]

i appreciate and i will consider your advice, but first let's admit that as deep as we search we will find more and more similar schematics. this one is the starting point for both our projects: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=125269
woudn't be more easy for you to admit that, same as you started from this schematic with your project, there are many others around.

moreover, as some of you already know there are also other ways more traditional than internet to learn something.

Attachments

• DSC06741.JPG
    DSC06741.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,333
  • DSC06742.JPG
    DSC06742.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,217
  • DSC06743.JPG
    DSC06743.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 1,254
finally you admit that you have mistakes. i noticed this long time ago and i already wrote a full list with them. there are few users of this forum which got the list by mail. that rc network between pins 1 and 9 is called feedback loop. from that one depends the smps performances.
you should place a thanks for me cuz i teach you something

You are very kind !
Please look at your smps and make a list for yourself as well !
Start with feedback resistor for error amp. Next time, don't copy without thinking.
Now we are going to make a list with all huge mistakes in your design and post on your thread, so everybody will enjoy your clone. :D

Tibi

You are very kind !
Please look at your smps and make a list for yourself as well !
Start with feedback resistor for error amp. Don't copy without thinking.
Now we are going to make a list with all huge mistakes in your design and post on your thread, so everybody will enjoy your clone. :D

Tibi

including the intentionally mistakes ? let's say traps ?
let me know if you need more photos, maybe higher resolution

Attachments

• for tibi.GIF
    for tibi.GIF
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,174
Last edited:
I can't read chinese, hope you can.
BTW, may we have a picture with brain location where these books have been stored ? :D
Tibi

quite hard, but i'm learning. it is absolutely fascinating as soon as you start, and you discover more and more things every day.
i'm not gonna do now a RMN just to show that location, but you can imagine by yourself. if not, just remember that sentences since we were students: :D
facultatea nu te invata cum sa faci ci sa stii unde sa cauti, sau in cazul vostru, numarul de tel al celui care stie.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.