500W PA amplifier with Limiter

I have read all the posts in this thread but unable to understand the working of class h.Kindly somebody please explain me that how step driver works (in a simple langauge,I dont have a electronic engg.background) and the benefits of class h drive.i have suspicion about the no. of o/p devices used in this amp for the 500watt output.Is it safe.Kindly suggest me.i am going to work on this amp.

hello my friend,
the main benefit of class h is less heat(and efficiency),about 30% in 2 step here you have supply like 80-40-0-40-80,.b500 is in ab,supply is only 40-0-40ac but more heat.efficiency in class h is even higher than class ab.in ab you need up to 14-16 pair to achieve high power(with huge heatsink and cooling fan), but in class h you can achieve high power with 4 pair,and regular heatsink,
more interesting is the 3 step class h,here you have supply something like 150-100-50-0-50-100-150,interesting is heat is less with 45%
mine is only few words and very little only sharing building experiences,thanks to class h guru apex,workhorse better read more on h900 thread.

for using tlo72 the transformer should be 80vac 40vac 0 40vac 80vac is it correct,
i have worked with normal trafos, but this is something new for me , i have a lot to learn.

I am troubling you with repeated questions, but class h is new for me and i am eager to incorporate it. Just a bit confused.

which protect and psu can be used for b500 but which,Kindly show how to connect wires for b500 board + protect + tlo72 driver + psu.

what will be the output of b500 at 90 volts. and what rating of trafo for this.
Kindly ans this so i can proceed with the amp.

i do not have any engg background,So these problems, But i am pretty handy with soldering and searching for unavailable components.

Just want to be sure of everything before starting so i dont make silly mistakes.

Another thing i want to build horn loaded sub with 8" and 12" drivers just like the one you have made. kindly help.

pcb size

what is the size of this pcb.
i will be using it with b500. is it stereo power supply or mono.
is it regulated.
also gide with soft start pcb.

Attachments

• APEX MOSFET PSU with protect for b500.jpg
    APEX MOSFET PSU with protect for b500.jpg
    688.8 KB · Views: 1,772