500W PA amplifier with Limiter

Hy everyone! I finally finished the metalwork with the B500 heatsinks, and could start one of the amps. As soon as I have time, I'll post pictures of it, but at the moment all I can say is: WOW! This sounds great. As far as I can only try it on my 50w kenwood hifi speakers, it is very powerful and has excellent sound (for my ears). So thank you Apex for sharing this with us, and as soon as I can I will post pictures.
Bye

Good news. You can use hi-fi speakers for test, B500 is PA amp with hi-fi sound.
Regards

Thanks for share, I like modern version, do you planing to buid it?

In fact, it has been already made but i didnt got enough time to post the pics.
here are some of the pics. It really sounds great.
Thanks apex. thanks alot.

Attachments

• DSCN2662.jpg
    DSCN2662.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 2,251
  • DSCN2658.jpg
    DSCN2658.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 1,942
  • DSCN2660.jpg
    DSCN2660.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 1,725
  • DSCN2676.jpg
    DSCN2676.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 1,534
Thanks for pics, nice work. What is PSU specification, and what speakers are used for the test?
Regards

PSU is around 50-0-50 and 500VA IR2110 based. speaker I used are pioneer 4E DVC champion series 12" with 1200w peak power input and 400w nominal (TS-W307D4). That's what I have presently. however I have also tested the amp on a 600w 12" full range spk and it sound well at almost full power without any auidable distortion

Last edited:
hello apex sir
pls tell me one thing if in case L.S of my b500 is short circuit what will happen .

is protection work?

With peak current over 8A per output circuit around 2N5401 give AC signal on amp PRO pin, and protect circuit disconnect speaker. Protect will connect speaker after turn amp off and turn on again (power on reset). If you not sure that usen outputs will not break with 8A current don't try to short circuit amp out.
Regards

hi aman
greetings tested amp with 4 15 inch speakers 2 ohm load 10 output pairs
supply 70 0 70 dc performed more than i expected tomorrow will test with apex
audio modification triple ef stage and post pictures of set up
THANK YOU APEX AUDIO FOR YOUR CIRCUITS AND HELP have made 4 h class
h900s
1 is it normal when i start amp in series with 100 watt bulb it glows full then i
dissconnect speaker and recconect speaker bulb comes to normal is it ok
thanking you
andrew lebon

hi aman
h900s
1 is it normal when i start amp in series with 100 watt bulb it glows full then i
thanking you
andrew lebon

Speakers are not connected when you start amp if you use speaker protect. It's normal when you start amp series bulb will glows at the moment (caps charge).
Regards

hi aman
h900s
thanking you
andrew lebon

@ ANDREW

DID YOU USED THE AMAN KHALSA B500 DRIVE UNIT IS THERE ANY PROBLEM WITH THE BOARD? HAVE YOU TRY USING IT PLS ADVICE IM READY TO USED THE BOARD.

THANKS.