500W PA amplifier with Limiter

Attachments

• Protect APEX.jpg
    Protect APEX.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 684
Does the Apex protection circuit DC protection works on both positive and negative rail DC in ouput?
I was testing the Dc protection with batteries , if + terminal is applied to Output and negative to ground then relay opens but if I swap polarity and supply negative to Output and + to Ground then nothing happens , can anyone tell why?

Does the Apex protection circuit DC protection works on both positive and negative rail DC in ouput?
I was testing the Dc protection with batteries , if + terminal is applied to Output and negative to ground then relay opens but if I swap polarity and supply negative to Output and + to Ground then nothing happens , can anyone tell why?
When I did this protection, I used +15 and -15 from the power suply and it worked well.

When I did this protection, I used +15 and -15 from the power suply and it worked well.
I also use a small transformer just for the protection circuit with +-15v bipolar supply, yes. I was testing the output providing dc voltage to the Dc protect and ground connections to the protection circuit and it works ok for +12 on amplifier output and - on GND but doesn't the other way around with - on the amplifier output and + on GND

did you also test the circuit with DC of both polarities to see whether he relay disconnects ?

I also use a small transformer just for the protection circuit with +-15v bipolar supply, yes. I was testing the output providing dc voltage to the Dc protect and ground connections to the protection circuit and it works ok for +12 on amplifier output and - on GND but doesn't the other way around with - on the amplifier output and + on GND

did you also test the circuit with DC of both polarities to see whether he relay disconnects ?
Yes I did it with both polarities, but the Prot. has diferent sensibilitys. Dont forget to connect the GND protection, to main GND.

Yes I did it with both polarities, but the Prot. has diferent sensibilitys. Dont forget to connect the GND protection, to main GND.
Yes of course the GND must be connected. How different are the sensibillity? Let me guess when - is connected to the output and + to GND it takes more volts DC to turn on the protection than when - is to GND and + to output?

No point at all in going to 30kuF. 20k is the right value for 4 ohms load per channel - and that’s to get full power down to 20 Hz out of the amp. Any amplifier, it has to do with the time constant between the filter cap and the total load resistance. For top cab duty you could even get away with less since you don’t need full power down to 20 Hz.

The pole frequency is 4 Hz for 20kuF and 2 ohms (both channel load). The rule for getting “full power“ out of an amp at frequencies below the power line frequency is 5X away from the pole frequency. Below that the ripple voltage is excessive and reduces the max undistorted power to a noticeable degree.

Hello Apex sir
I am confused between activ low pass filter and tone controller, which is used for amp input , I know active low filter is separate friquncy and so you didn't need passive low pass filter.
But which one used for amp input Because tone controller did not separate low, hi frequency but boost gain of all.
But all frequency go to all speakers on o/p.
Please clarify