500W PA amplifier with Limiter

I read much of the forum yesterday, but not all of him, had to study for tests and do some work.

The point is that I am not yet decided to build it for only one question:

He really is good (sound), and reliable as commercial equipment (here in Brazil there are two very good brands, and StudioR HotSound) and considering also brands such as crest, crown, etc. ..

The B500 can really be compared to these brands?
(Of course, if good construction) is that his scheme is very simple, unlike the commercial amps mentioned, I think it "strange"

----
As it showed me, my english sucks, it's because I'm from Brazil and use the google translator

I read much of the forum yesterday, but not all of him, had to study for tests and do some work.

The point is that I am not yet decided to build it for only one question:

He really is good (sound), and reliable as commercial equipment (here in Brazil there are two very good brands, and StudioR HotSound) and considering also brands such as crest, crown, etc. ..

The B500 can really be compared to these brands?
(Of course, if good construction) is that his scheme is very simple, unlike the commercial amps mentioned, I think it "strange"

----
As it showed me, my english sucks, it's because I'm from Brazil and use the google translator
The function of B500 is more complex than most commercial amps, but implementation is with simple circuit. If you don't understand how it work you can't see adventage of this circuit. If you need PA amp is better buy it. You must have more expiriance for build reliable amp.
Regards

This is the wiring for my torroidal tranformer:

Input 120V are the 2 white wires

Output/Secondary
2 X Yellow and Black 52V
Blue - Blue 20V
Org - Org 10V
Red - red 10V
Vio - Vio 6.3V

It doesn't have 18v tap to feed the protect circuit. Can I use the 20v or would it be better to use 10v and 6.3 in series to get 16.3v? Thanks in advance for any help.

This is the wiring for my torroidal tranformer:

Input 120V are the 2 white wires

Output/Secondary
2 X Yellow and Black 52V
Blue - Blue 20V
Org - Org 10V
Red - red 10V
Vio - Vio 6.3V

It doesn't have 18v tap to feed the protect circuit. Can I use the 20v or would it be better to use 10v and 6.3 in series to get 16.3v? Thanks in advance for any help.
You need 2x18v or 2x20v for protect circuit, use two 10v in series to get second 20v.

okay...thanks i'll try if i could find mje's...anyway heres my apex b500 pics.hope i did post it correctly this time coz i had trouble posting it.:eek:

Attachments

• DSCN2489.JPG
    DSCN2489.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 2,788
  • DSCN2491.JPG
    DSCN2491.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 2,649
thank you so much...:)
mje's are nowhere to be found in our city... thats why i settled on using TIP's
but still thinking of H900....:) hope Engel de la Pena would tell me where to find MJE's..
i'm located at Iloilo City, an hour of plane flight to Manila

Attachments

• B500 component side.bmp
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,257
  • B500 solder side.bmp
    182.5 KB · Views: 965