5 watt class a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is not very nice. -10db at 20Hz. Thank you, however. I am still looking about a nice schematic and finally i have find this, (the final stage) but I would like it with bipolar transistors. I'm still looking for.

Attachments

• schema.jpg
    schema.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 683
It is not very nice. -10db at 20Hz. Thank you, however. I am still looking about a nice schematic and finally i have find this, (the final stage) but I would like it with bipolar transistors. I'm still looking for.

Not so nice schematic:rolleyes:. You only need one good triode, not three mediocre to drive a SF. An E88CC/6DJ8 is a common, cheap tube that can be recommended.

A DC-connected "shunt feedback" 2SK170 will also do the job if max 26dB gain is needed.

Last edited:
You have the same opinion as Mr. Rod Elliot. Then this amp is right diy object.
Death of Zen - A new Class-A power amp
Please perform a downscale from 40 volts to 15 - 18 volts supply voltage (include the apropriate changes of resistor values inside the circuit). Then you have the wanted output power.

For nice 5 watty amp, you make 15W output stage with J103/K246, if you lookie good you can do channel for 10 Dollah each.
Then makey nice input/Vas stage in front of it, and have your hot rice for free.

NP still soldering night shifts on his 100 Dollah JFET output stage.
When Mr Strictly Gym-Shoe finish he maybe post front-end with NP stamp permit.

You have the same opinion as Mr. Rod Elliot. Then this amp is right diy object.
Death of Zen - A new Class-A power amp
Please perform a downscale from 40 volts to 15 - 18 volts supply voltage (include the apropriate changes of resistor values inside the circuit). Then you have the wanted output power.

Knockoff from JLH10W as Eliott says. Wonder why he bothered to design an amp that was already designed and why he calls it new;).

I was speaking about the final stage

That one isn´t impressing either. A SF could easily be made by adding a second CCS connected IRF510 instead of the 317. Also +/- supply and no output cap is asking for trouble.

Wonder why this tread is here at the Passlab forum.......

Last edited:
On the downside of a follower is that it is normally SE. PP is better if heatsinks are small as one can set Iq lower. I would go SE anway.

This is how a low distortion SF with a "Zenish" FET-driver could look.

Attachments

• SF.PNG
    SF.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:

Well....I'm not an engineer, so I evaluate those things in "aestetic" order. I like the bipolar transistors because they seems closer to the analogical sense. Germanium transistors are even more. I know that the mosfets are electricaly closer to the tubes, more analogical, but...that's my way of seeing. (I know that can be called "stupid"). On the other hand I like the elegance of those mosfets final stages. I mean with a current source. That's why.

tiefbassuebertr
I made a JLH 1969, (a kind of DOZ). I was looking for something simpler.
Thanks all.

Project 83 - MOSFET Power Follower

Like the output stage of the hybrid amp posted above but without that LM317. Keep in mind that these type of amps have no gain, so evaluate your needs.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/153832-pass-delite-amp-baf.html
^Just about as simple as they come. You could replace the light bulb with a CCS, something like a second depletion FET or maybe and Aleph CCS.

why?

:cheers:
James

:checked::cheers:
diyAudio thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/156472-pavels-mosfet-follower-no-darlington-mod.html

''amp camp amp'' sounds like a Boy Scout amp...

i d rather build an amp that is named like a dogfighter jet...

:tongue:

seriously, Amp camp amp ROCKS, bottom line.

sewa in my opinion in best with heavy bias, though efficient speakers may help...

anyway, i m about to build this power buffer, so we ll see...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.