5-ch Leach amp done!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Maxhawk said:

That would be a question for Brian since he cut all the aluminum.

-Rob

Rob,

You did give me a drawing at one time. Here is what you sent me a long time back. I can't seem to find a version with dimensions on it.

Basically when I cut out the amp, I did a quick assembly without screws to get everything to line up correctly, as I had to manually adjust the fence several times. I managed to get all the cuts with < 1/32" error, through cutting them about 1/8" too big, and then trimming until they matched perfectly.

Note: This drawing was an early prototype, but is fairly close to the current amp. I will keep on searching for the later drawings.

btw: I also built a small version of this chassis for myself, using 4 heatsinks instead of 5, but I never got around to putting anything inside of it. I might be willing to sell it if anyone wants it. I didn't put any time into sanding/polishing the panels yet, but here are some pictures:
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/aleph2channel
(not linked to from main page, as I never took this project anywhere)
I have 2 more handles like the ones on Rob's chassis, but they looked too big having 2 on the smaller chassis.

--
Brian

Attachments

• ampcase.jpg
    ampcase.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 355
Excellent and well excuted Aamp!!

Mohawk,

Excellent work. I am sure this will giv eyou many years of enjoyable music. I am sure the amp and case will meet the very important WAF or GAF as case may be ;).

Brian, excellent work on case. I have to love your workshop too ;) ;). So how pics expose your true workshop! :))

Take care and have good holiday season,

John L. Males
Willowdale, Ontario
Canada
19 December 2004 06:48

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.