414-8a alnico 8 ohm T/S ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would recommend using GPA's numbers for box calculations.

I only run the numbers to make sure nothing is wrong with the drivers, and clearly my pair don't differ significantly from GPA's published specs (except for Re). But, for a number of reasons, my numbers aren't particularly accurate. I know that Fs and Qts measure too high, because of my measurement setup and also because the drivers aren't broken in. As well, I don't think my pair would be anymore representative of the pair you might receive than would be the published specs.

The one accurate measurment I do need is the impedance curve >400 Hz so I can model a crossover, and my setup does perfectly fine for that.

Regards,
John

Thanks John
Makes sence .
Using the given specs in the calculator , and asuming John's Mms is correct (as a start), the calculator says Vas=457L , which is far from John's meassurements and GPA 's spec.

I used these formulaes to arrive at Qts' as Rg with my amp should be 1,5 ohm :
and Q'es= Qe ((Rcc + Rs)/Rcc)
=0,21(5,8+1,5)/5,8
=0,264
Qts'=(Q'es x Qms)/(Qms + Q'es)

=(0,264 x 5,84)/(5,84+0,264)
Qts' =0,2526

Vb should then be :

Vb=Vas (Qts')^2 x n choosing n = 5,7:

Vb=297 x 0,06380676 x 5,7 = 108 Liter

As one can see changes in Qts have large impact on resulting Vb(ref earlier post).
So for me the question is how reliable are given specs, and if it makes sense to do own meassurements on a 414 , which accuracy to expect from meassurements ?

On the other hand I have a feeling that a 414 Onken will superseed Vb wanted (ca 100 liter)
suggestion for another box solution with the 414 to meet this volume requirement.(If it makes sense)
(I did not proceed with the calculator due to the Vas value the calculator gave me)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.