3Dog Theater Now Open!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
amnesia

pics of the screen i made some time ago

black out cloth some 8 ft wide and 52 inches high

Attachments

• screen not finished.jpg
    screen not finished.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 677
amnesia

an action picture, unfortunately my camera is no good

this should have been american football

( i hate it! it's for pussies, remember wha Rinus Michels said back in the 70's
voetbal is oorlog = football (european that is) is war.
boy was he right. the NFL here is like stupid, for idiots and babies!

Attachments

• screen test.jpg
    screen test.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 684
No disrespect to Mr. Michels...

....but having played both football (american) and rugby and then watching soccer (euro-football), I'd have to say I admire their stamina, but would feel much more comfortable calling a soccer player the names mentioned above than I would a calling a linebacker the same! :D Nice looking screen you got there, Uvodee! Would that cloth work as well as a "roll up" screen?

black out cloth

i was thinking about a roll up screen when i was handling the material...

in this appartment i am not going to experiment with it, my wife is making curtains for it.
however we move into a house next year around april, then i think i am goind to have an automated theatre
screen rolls down, curtain opens, other curtains close, light goes out , etc etc...

Uvodee

Thanks for posting this pics! What panel did you exactely mod? It's a very nice screen you made there too. Do you now how black-out cloth is called in dutch? It has something to do with curtains so I think I can get it here to instead of ordering it from the states.

I also like your idea about automating your theatre, but how are you gonna realize that? Do you want to make a sort of box which controls it all and which you can control with infrared or so? Very interesting...

i have a basic panel nviewframe spectra c en ook een diy projector (zie in yahoo, grousp, lcdprojector, fotos , jpsprojector)

i made it myself .. wood 2 x 2 and some screws,
i remeasured it it is 85" by 48"

16=85
1= 85/16
9= (85/16) * 9 gives 47.8"

that's 16/9 widescreen theory right?

ik heb geen benul hoe Black out cloth noemt in het nederlands...
maar je moet het volgens mij kunnen vinden een een HEMA of dergelijke waar ze gordijnstof verkopen.
hier kost het ongeveer $6.00 per yard.
als je het hier wil kopen, opletten het is eigen aan het materiaal dat dit nogal zwaar weegt, er is namelijk een plastic film op de stof aangebracht en dat maakt het 'gewichtig!!!!

it is actually served as a back to curtains (facing the window) so that no light/sunshine can come in.

if a 'Grafik Eye' ( that is a complete controle box for home movie theaters) is cheaper than let's say $200 on ebay i will buy it there. if it is more expensive i think i will build one myself. i don't have any schematics though, however i know what i want
light fading
curtain open
screen roll down
exit light on
projection lamp on

udovee

I will take a look a the hema and see if I can get the blackout stuff there, hope so!

Keep me informed about the automation project, cause I think it's really intersting. Do you think it is possible to put some fans in the spectra c which you almost can hear? (I don't know much about all the different fans)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: black out cloth

uvodee said:
i was thinking about a roll up screen when i was handling the material...

in this appartment i am not going to experiment with it, my wife is making curtains for it.
however we move into a house next year around april, then i think i am goind to have an automated theatre
screen rolls down, curtain opens, other curtains close, light goes out , etc etc...

...ice cream girl pops out of the closet, etc...

Jan Didden

fans in the spectra c

---Do you think it is possible to put some fans in the spectra c which you almost can hear? (I don't know much about all the different fans)-----

40 mm fans 12 v are cheap and you'll fund them everywhere
i think they are mainly used for cooling a cpu

...ice cream girl pops out of the closet, etc...-----\

now there is an idea i hadn't thought about yet

i haven't started this yet so i can still integrate it !!!!!;)

ohp bulbs for dukane 4003

OSRAM FXL 82V-410W PROJECTOR LAMP $12.43

i found this at the website from labdepot.com

i supose this is a good price, i found prices upto $34 in the us also online....

i wonder what the result is when i replace the 2 fluorex bulbs with one of these... i am going to try this after midnight!

uvodee

thanks for the link -

I was thinking a little more about your hometheater lights/screen/curtain box... I dont know how much electronics experience you have but if you need help building it it doesnt seem too difficult to me... or i could build you one for a small fee ;)
That grafik eye thing doesnt look too impressive.

grafik eye

jvisaria said:
I was thinking a little more about your hometheater lights/screen/curtain box... I dont know how much electronics experience you have but if you need help building it it doesnt seem too difficult to me... or i could build you one for a small fee ;)
That grafik eye thing doesnt look too impressive.

i am always interested in some diy activity and allthough i have built the balanced line stage amp and the SOZ , i have about zero knowledge when it comes to electronics.
!!!!

Beautiful room. I like that you've gone so far as to add drapery as all. One thing I immediately noticed from your pictures though... You need some speaker stands! Unless you're sitting on the floor. I'm sure it would improve the sound a bit, especially the bass. And good audio makes for a better theater experience. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.