• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

3d amp modelling (for solidworks)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Andy,
Very nice,
'Solids' are best thing that's happened to the CAM end of things. Bet your thinking about some piece/chassis .sldprt models that need some CNC 'tool path' via Mastercam V5 or say Catia...... ??
Chassis punches are for squares.:cubist:
Charles

It works pretty well, yes. especially if you have a brother that does this sort of machining for a job. Chassis punches are comparitively hard work ;-) If I'm honest me butcheing sheetmetal with the tooling I have available at home is not ever going to get the same result...

Attachments

• 300b.jpg
    300b.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 242
To bring this back from the dead I put all the models on Grabcad as well as some others.
nowadays rapidshare and all its 'filesharing' stablemates are unattractive...

Note : Some valves were harmed in the making of these models. The 6C33C deserves an honorable mention for being one tough ***** that didn't go down without a fight.

Andy

Thank you

To bring this back from the dead I put all the models on Grabcad as well as some others.
nowadays rapidshare and all its 'filesharing' stablemates are unattractive...

Note : Some valves were harmed in the making of these models. The 6C33C deserves an honorable mention for being one tough ***** that didn't go down without a fight.

Andy

A big thank you from me.

Adrian

I use a Mac, and with Bootcamp I can use SolidWorks in Windows XP.

Yes. Works for me, too. I use Parallels (or you can use VMWare) and I run both OS X and XP simultaneously.

You should also be able to export the SW models to IGES.

AutoDesk supports their products on the Mac using Parallels or VMWare. Vectorworks is a Mac-native CAD program that I use a lot. Not as robust as Solidworks, but much less expensive.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.