38,000lm Bulb: Now Help Me Build The Best Projector Around It

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 1,200w/38,000lm sylvania bulb, now I need help building a nice projector around it. Here are the details to work with:

1. I'm in Africa, with a few box stores, but no RadioShack-type outlets. I can order stuff from ebay...and I can have small items (fresnels/front lens/etc) FedEx'd in time for the project to be completed by its deadline (Sept 14th). I have $1,000 to work with.

2. I also have a Chuwi Hi9 tablet with 2560x1600 screen. Could this be used with a set of fresnels? Or would it be best to get a flat panel lcd monitor from the local big box store? (Note: I'm in Africa, and there aren't RadioShack type stores.)

3. Size is not a worry, a long as the finished product can fit on or in a small car. Also, the project will only last a few days, at most. In fact, this might only be used for less than an hour. But it needs to be the BEST it can be for that hour. :)

4. I'll be projecting onto a med/large building, maybe 200'x200'.

Finally, I can probably find an old slide projector and/or overhead projector for lenses and fresnels . . . but if something ordered from eBay can outperform those, great. I'm looking to make the projection sharp and colorful, and if some items need to be sent from the states, ok.

I've already checked into used projectors. Some are great, like the stackable NEC stuff..but anything 10,000lm+ just weighs too much (50lbs-ish) and the shipping would probably break the budget. If I'm wrong, I would gladly have a 10,000lm+ projector sent here, and avoid the DIY'ing.

Look forward to any helpful tips! Innovative ideas very welcome!!

-jc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.