350.5 modding the amp to work in more class A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
class A

I am not an engineer but I can say pure copper heat sinks would work it this case. Maybe titanium or any fancy material which is less affected by heat would also work. However, there is demand for one box, a class A stereo amplifier rated minimum 100 watts in 8 ohms.

mert

If you have a bunch of copper heatsinks just sitting around gathering dust, I'd love to have them. Copper conducts heat better than aluminum, but as a metal it's more expensive and doesn't extrude in fancy shapes the way aluminum does. It's also more chemically reactive; aluminum just creates a skin of aluminum oxide (aka sapphire, ruby, corundum) and hunkers down for the long haul.

Grey

GRollins said:
If you have a bunch of copper heatsinks just sitting around gathering dust, I'd love to have them. Copper conducts heat better than aluminum, but as a metal it's more expensive and doesn't extrude in fancy shapes the way aluminum does. It's also more chemically reactive; aluminum just creates a skin of aluminum oxide (aka sapphire, ruby, corundum) and hunkers down for the long haul.

Grey

Nah, copper works the same, and even without having to do anything to get the oxide layer ;)

Aluminum looks better when anodized than copper with an oxide layer though.

Anyhow, just reach out for a few thousand dollars, and you'll see for yourself :clown:

Magura :)

Amps as art?

I remember seeing someone's effort at heatsinking with a rather large sheet of copper. I would almost bet there was commercial interest in an art work pounded out of a sheet of copper that was also an audio amp. Wife Acceptance Factor being what it is.... And the decorative art market, not to mention the absurd numbers of audio equipment sold on the basis of "looks" alone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.