• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

300B pp schematic found, what about it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
attached you will find the "specs" I got from digitex.it

IN400 600 W 1 : 4 ct 15-30 KHz 150 H 10000 W

Trasf. traslatore di ingresso

linea bilanciata

Scatolino

resinato

L. 73.000

Of course they mean Ohm and not W, the price is still in Lire and is equivalent to 37 Euro.

;)

BTW, this is not changing your judgment on the circuit I suppose...

Konnichiwa,

jogas said:
attached you will find the "specs" I got from digitex.it

Okay, so it's a 1:2+2 Phasesplitter, a not particular ideal choice I'd think, thus leading to requiring a 600 Ohm input (meaning one where the load is 600 Ohm). My guess, at the cost and with the size constraints they had trouble finding anything more suited. I may be wrong of course.

jogas said:
BTW, this is not changing your judgment on the circuit I suppose...

Not really. As said, in the context of the Amplifier modified the circuit is an improvement and generally a "good idea", but in absolutle terms the whole thing is still hamstrung.

BTW, the Kennedy Circuit discussed elsewhere, while having much to recommend it also is notably off from ideal in my view.

For a simple circuit I'd suggest an Allen Wright style cascode. If you want be thumping your nose at people you could even make it a hybrid cascode with J-Fets below a 6SN7 with another J-Fet as CCS. Then you could use a pair of Wright SLCF's also hybrid to drive the the grids of the 300B in fixed Bias mode for something like 40...50 Watt in Class AB2.

If you ask me, now we are cooking with an open range and charcoal (I know, supposedly Gas and later Microwaves where an improvement, yeah, sure).....

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.