3 way full horn design v2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks, have updated the crossover point for the 2405 to low pass of 10 K.

One key thing in the design of this horn (like in the previous one) is to have a coaxial design. This makes this horn sound like one giant full range one. As the expanssion is not that long, there is still not much delay in the unit.

This folding is based on the old WE15A. To ensure that the distance travelled by the sound waves is as uniform as possible, the folding takes place at 20% of the mouth area and it is also a point where the geometry ratio becomes 2.5 for 1. It is a square at the mouth, moving to a rectangle at the folding point to again a square at the driver end.

Will try to scan the old pictures from the construction and post those if someone is interested to build a similar 60 hz horn.

Cheers

Using Fertin Model 7

The tweaking of the EMS seemed to be difficult. Meanwhile, JM Semblat of Ferin Acoustic has replied to my mails and have sent me the TS parameters of the 30 EX Model 7 and 46 Model 7. Those are just jaw dropping amazing !!

The 46 has a Qes of 0.09 and we can therefore design a horn that will be having a mass roll of frequency of close to 800 Hz !

I am waiting for the TS parameters of the model 38 EX to design the expanssion of the horn.:smash:

It is the first time I see parameters like those. It also seems from the post of users that attended the CES2009 that the sound of those babies is quite incredible.

Will order four units to make the first prototypes.

Cheers from Singapore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.