2x TDA1541. noise quesion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I dont know that i would call it a happy ending. .

Well I would. The DAC is working correctly and the problem is solved.
The thread remained open ended with no answer as to the problem - until we found out what happened!!
There are far too many threads with the last post saying " I will report back" etc. And 6 months later still no answer.
So it is a happy ending for two reasons.
1)All who read the thread found out what the problem was, and
2)the DAC is now working.

Happy happy joy joy. Happy happy joy joy. :p

No erin, but it can compete with my Audio GD 9 mk3 with PDM100 and 8 PCM1704UK, lots of details, great soundstage and great resolution, it needs a very good transport to sound good, I'm using a laptop to a modified Teralink X2 with ADUM USB Isolator and can´t be happier.

Indeed there is an interesting model with a reclocker, i think is a nice kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAC-TDA1541A-WM...041?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3360fa79e9

I have his AD1865 kit and it is a terrific DAC. I have a feeling that he is probably selling the best-sounding dac kits on ebay, especially as it appears he designs most if not all of them himself (by design I mean not selling someone else's boards) and the parts quality is very good...

Well I would. The DAC is working correctly and the problem is solved.
The thread remained open ended with no answer as to the problem - until we found out what happened!!
There are far too many threads with the last post saying " I will report back" etc. And 6 months later still no answer.
So it is a happy ending for two reasons.
1)All who read the thread found out what the problem was, and
2)the DAC is now working.

Happy happy joy joy. Happy happy joy joy. :p

Use short loops on the bit decoupling caps.
I had huge Russian teflons on wires and got that typical noise problem.
:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.