2x 500w amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nitroboy, The schematic is a very common setup. I would assume it to be a workable amp. I would question the output rating with 85 volt rails. You may be able to power the driver boards with +/ 95 volts and get the stated output. There is about ten volts lost to junctions and gate voltage. A lot of the big guys have higher voltage on the driver boards to overcome the loss. Depending on price, it might not be a bad kit.

There are tons of amp schematics on this site plus look up old copies of "Audio Amatuer" there is a wealth of proven circuits in there. Regards, Steve

Nitroboy, The schematic is a very common setup. I would assume it to be a workable amp. I would question the output rating with 85 volt rails. You may be able to power the driver boards with +/ 95 volts and get the stated output. There is about ten volts lost to junctions and gate voltage. A lot of the big guys have higher voltage on the driver boards to overcome the loss. Depending on price, it might not be a bad kit.

There are tons of amp schematics on this site plus look up old copies of "Audio Amatuer" there is a wealth of proven circuits in there. Regards, Steve

classic japanese approach is to use by far higher rail voltage ie IN A DESIGN LIKE THAT EVEN 100 VOLTS .... but they always limit the drive of the outputs to a specific point

this amplifier with this input stage and with out vi limiters will not manage to produce the 100% of power

it would be fine if not abused ....only

if used as a PA amplifier where abuse is a must it will not make it not even with 70 volts ....85 or 90 is out of the question

I wouldn"t buy a BGR Kit EVER again , Total rip off , First I ordered a Kit but it came Pre built , Then the Schematic that comes with it isn"t even the circuit used on the Board , The schematic comes with a Partial Datasheet of the Mosfet output Transistors That has been Altered so it looks like the Mosfets are for audio when they are High voltage switching Transistors ......

Then to top it off I connect it to a Power supply and it doesn"t work ......
Thanks Minion, unluckily I just bought mine and it came with 1 pc free PCB (without components). I thought of hooking up with the power supply, but then I fear it might turn out bad so I hold on for a while, while waiting for some answers like you all did!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.