2SK170BL and 2SJ74BL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought these some time ago, maybe a year or so
4 matched quads for B1
and two matched quads for F5
sure hope I don't burn them :eek:

writing looks 'yellowish'
but like said, minor details that may have changed over the years
but no doubt, mine look very clean and shiny

why didn't I buy 50 unmatched 74 instead of 170 :p

whatever, in a couple of years we may be building something different, who knows :cool:;)

All,

The parts is from me but now all sold out. Here is the box for all your reference. Marking 8D and datecode is 2008 year 17 week.

Attachments

• J74_box1.jpg
    J74_box1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 831
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Spencer is not talking about the Ebay parts, but about the baggy parts Tinitus posted.

indeed, it is Spencer's nice handwriting
and nothing to do with ebay auction
I only posted the pictures because I know mine(Spencer's) are genuine ;)

the reddish color mentioned ealier is almost impossible to see, even with with a magnifier
but it is there, and enhanced by the camera
being more pronounced on some than others, and on others almost absent
may not be a 100% reliable indicater
maybe it will be clearly visible if you use some kind of special light :scratch2:

what is evident, they appear exstremely clean and smooth
I would almost say, I you have any doubts when you see them, then most likely not genuine
but that may be streching it too far

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
tinitus was not questioning the origin of the parts he had, just mentioning that the writing on his was yellowish, but that this could have been white and changed over time.

nope, just posting a possible reference
according to Spencer mine are manufactored 2008
so they are obviously born with yellowish offwhite printing

I can tell you, the printing looks sharp, like cut with a lazer

k guys , just got home and mine are here . 400 of each . now to prove genuine or not .

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
and calculate I=V/R thats for p channel j74

am i on the right track ?

yes i'm a newbie at this but learning . my intention is to sell matched pairs/sets at a reasonable price like Blues and Spencer were doing to keep us going .

TIA

cheers Woody

So far the new batch checks out great. I matched up a few of the 170s and stuck them in a Bolbely line stage board and they do exactly what they are supposed to do . I haven't done anything yet with the 74s except Idss.

It looks like they are are all about 9ma to 11ma, 170s and 74s both. What a great batch.

I am not good on the details of semiconductor construction (so this question could be completely stupid) but given the increasing difficulty in getting low noise Fets is it possible to parallel multiple noisier devices and reduce the noise in similar way that the LM394 (and others) did with bi-polars?

I am not good on the details of semiconductor construction (so this question could be completely stupid) but given the increasing difficulty in getting low noise Fets is it possible to parallel multiple noisier devices and reduce the noise in similar way that the LM394 (and others) did with bi-polars?

I am not the authority on the subject ... but ... One could use 3-4 j270 in parallel and get the yfs to be around J74's, but the noise will be still much higher

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.