2sa968/2sc2238

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lumba Ogir said:
Filburt,
sorry, I did not mean to blame you, just was wondering why 2SC2238/2SA968 were originally chosen here. 2SC5171/2SA1930 are faster, have lower Cob, widely preferred and surely better sounding. On the other hand, with 2SC2238/2SA968 you don´t risk running into oscillation problem.

Can you point me towards people describing the differences? I originally chose the 2SC2238/2SA968 based on a reputation for detailed, balanced, very clear sound. I don't have enough experience trying different transistors to know one way or another.

I have worked with and on a decent amount of high speed circuits, though, so perhaps I could use these ones you suggest.

Filburt,
the 2SC2238/2SA968 is definitely very fine, however the 2SC5171/2SA1930 even better, appears to be more linear, fT=200MHz@300mA (140MHz for 2SC2238). Please take a look at the datasheets. As a general hint, Cob should always be low in audio.
I would like to emphasize the need for generously dimensioned heat sinks to reduce distortion, increase stability and to prolong life. Place Q10/Q11 in close proximity to the output transistors but thermally separated.

Hi

I'm looking for pair of 2SC2238/2SA968 genuine Toshiba for Krell KSA 50 Mk-2. I get offer from one of China distributor for them. In last yera I bought other Toshiba's transistors from the distributor with success (they were genuine Toshiba ones). Now in this offer he told that both transistors are manufactured by Toshiba and are compliant with RoHs. I have a question: when the new Toshiba logo was changed and if it is possible that 2SC2238/2SA968 were compliant with RoHs Directive. The RoHs Directive started in 2006. Could anybody answer to my question? Thanks so lot.

Thank you Jacco as I understand "Nope" means "No" compliant with RoHs. Just I get an offer from Japanese distributor (Figurenet) for 2SA968 in price USD8.73. In internet I found such seller who offer these transistors for USD2.00/pcs. as well as USD13,00/pcs. Those for USD2.00 looks as genuine (I see picture). Strange situation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.