2nd Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2005

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Granite

Hello Don:
The sample chunck of Granite I was testing was a little too small for the finished product for the plinths I did not really like the colour either so I am using it for testing concepts and ideas. I did the cutting, it was much easier than I thought it would be. I had to make a few modifications to my grinder to turn it into a diamond wet saw, once completed it was real easy to cut the 1.25 inch thick piece of granite. I am still experimenting with hole drilling. Hammer bits work but are a bit messy and do not leave a nice edge. I got some good advise from a friend and may have a line on diamond core sample bits. These should cut a nice clean edge. I just have to modify my drill press to cut wet and I will be giving that a go. should be fun a little messy though. I like stone, it is so solid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.