• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

2nd Aikido PCB and PSU groupbuy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Rick,

You can push the buttons to see what it is going to be...(no obligation to buy)

The gain is set by the Mu of the first tube. Don't know if you have seen my list? The gain of the circuit is roughly half the Mu of the first tube.

The thing about the Aikido is that you don't need to go boutique. Apart from the output capacitor. I do like wirewounds in the cathode positions though.

The only thing I would do boutique in the PSU is not to use electrolytics but paper /polyprop in oil caps like Obbligato's for instance. And maybe a choke for R1, with a small cap for C1.

I just suggested the electrolytics and resistors to keep it fun and affordable. There are plenty of big names and hifi that uses electrolytics...

Regards,
Bas

Pardon the ignorance - I missed the previous major thread

Hi Bas

The lower half is five lines, while the top half is six lines.
The lower half is “(for 2 boards)”, presumably Aikido not PS.

The upper half is for?

Is there a set of "lines"for the PS boards??

Thanks

4 Aikido boards left and 6 psu boards left (the psu boards still have to be delivered though)

After that I am stopping with this groupbuy, it has been fun and I hope a lot of people will have been introduced to the wonderful world of tubes. I also want to thank everyone for taking part in this groupbuy.

And ofcourse to the man who has done all the hard work, drawing and getting the boards manufactured..our fellow diyAudio member JPS.

Boards go to first folks that mail me and want to pay via paypal. Sorry checques won't be accepted anymore (Except the guy who I gave the ok to..you know who you are :)). The cost of cashing a check is €12,30

Hi Bas,

I would like one set of Aikido PCB Boards (2 Boards) and one of the PCU Boards (1 PSU Board).
That is if there are any left at this point?

What a great project - wish I had come across this Thread earlier!!!
Thanks for all of the effort and technical information that has been
put into these two threads by yourself and a lot of others contributors.

And of course to John Broskie who initially contributed this circuit to the DIY community.

Hope I make it into the Aikido family!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.