21w8555-01

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo Aaron,

I designed a extension cabinet for my smaller bookshelf type speakers using this Scanspeak unit. Not sure how they sound though, not finished yet.
I used WinISD, if you're determined you want to use these drivers, just plug some data in Win ISD and simulate them.

Initially I wanted a closed design (because the bookshelf loudspeakers are closed as well), later on I went for maximum extension and used a tuned port (I can always close the port and still have a usable closed speaker cabinet).

Regards,

Jarno.

Ok I agree with you all but I have a question about Scan-speak 8555 that is being used in Sonus Faber Amati and Krell LAT-1. It is being said in the net that both these loudspeakers lack deep bass :bigeyes: Can you shed some light on it? Could this happen with the 8565 too that was being used in the Audio Physic Cerubin ? (in the picture)

Attachments

• cerubin.jpg
    cerubin.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 512
Peter, that would make sense, you must be right

Lack of bass???? I have chosen these beauties (for being secondhand and cheap, okok) because I've read so many positive comment. If you like flubby warm bass don't go this way, I agree.

I will try to simulate something with lsp-cad
Will let you know

aaronboumans said:
doesn't matter to me, I'll use them anyway and I'm sure it'll work out just fine:rolleyes:

Good to see there's still people in the world of DIY loudspeaker building whom are prepared to go beyond the scope of copying another’s design to the last nut and bolt!

You maybe somewhat glad to hear your not alone, I too are building a split system (separate bass enclosure's) using 2ea SS 21W-8555-01 drivers in each. Currently I'm in the phase of designing the crossover, using Speaker Workshop. I'm no-where near happy with either a series or parallel design yet and therefore are still toying about. FYI... I came up with a reflex enclosure volume of approx 73 liters, therefore I'll be building them based on an 80 liter internal volume and should end up with approx 73 by the time their braced ect.

Oh, by the way the mid and tweeter drivers will be in a Watt style separate enclosure, drivers utilized will be the SS 18W-8545-00 and the Focal TC 120 TD5.

Keep this thread "LIVE" with me and I'm sure we can get some very interesting results :clown:

Allan. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.