2 way with HF horn and 10-12" LF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fosti, I need your email adress to send you the PDF, It's a 4 page article with pics and graphs and it weighs 3Mo. I've re-read it, it's quite detailled and favorable, and it's by Vance Dickason!

BTW Oris horn use the 10LW30 in their entry level design.

A couple of questions for your project:
Do you consider PHL Horns for the JBL clones?
Did you notice the Beyma 112Nd/W? Looks like a good candidate too.

Bye

funny thing

hey so today i was thinking to myself that a cool horn loaded 2 way or 3 way would be cool with a small el84 based amp. so it got me thinking about it.

soo i came here to diyaudio and did a search and i realized that 3 years ago i had the same idea and started this thread. duh.

anyways... too much thinking and not enough doing.

STILL looking to do a 2 or 3 way horn loaded speaker. Maybe use the Beyma CP380M for top end.

Should I now do a midrange horn? or run the Beyma as low as i can?

low end couple of regular drivers 10 or 12" etc.

Thanks again for all the info.

Well there's a whole heap of possibilities from the Econowave (check out Audiokarma "Econowave" and PE Techtalk "Flex your PCD mettle") designs to start with. There is also a TD15M/CP380M*/QSC WG build on AVS (DL86 is the author) which would easily translate to a 12M for example. Also look on AVS and HTG for Brandon's (moniker = augerpro) No Quarters which are also a 12" 2 way with CD/WG.

I'm also finally getting something done about my 10" + JBL Ewave flare with DE250 and ND1090 (2 pairs) but they will be 3 way with a 15" underneath.

The QSC WG's (-152i) were a replacement part but apparently PE is going to be making knock offs for the DIY market, hopefully available soon.

* a terrific driver, one of my faves.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.